Rotherham United v Derby County - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 at the back is simply no go, if our options are Baird, Pearce ans Shack. Pearce is struggling with higher line already, would be suicide to play with any of them in back three. Keogh could, but he is only one with the current crop.

On 2 May 2017 at 16:52, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Same formation but Hughes to start in DM and few changes.. 

Interesting one DEL ... We all see hughes as a creator/AM but his strength and tackling have improved a lot and given that Johnson/Bryson look effective when high enough up, then why not try Hughsey as a string puller from deep. Add in the he has an instinct to keep play moving and it might just be a great idea.

having said that I thought Butters in that position last week looked as positive as he has since he first arrived. GR might want to build on that. 

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He might as well have put the ball in the net himself. A remarkable performance.

Pity he took the rest of the season to recover from that one.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A lot of transfer deals are done and just "go through" on 1st July.

Correct. 

A lot of transfer deals are done and just "go through" on 1st July.

Oh yeah for sure, all the smart people are trying to get business done now, but the 1st of July is when everyone dusts off the fax machines (which only ever seem to be used in football transfers these days and always break on deadline day) and and gets it completed

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh yeah for sure, all the smart people are trying to get business done now, but the 1st of July is when everyone dusts off the fax machines (which only ever seem to be used in football transfers these days and always break on deadline day) and and gets it completed

True story, i once worked on a site where the fax machines were an important part of the emergency procedures.

Everyone used to joke about waiting in the cabins for the "fax of doom"

True story, i once worked on a site where the fax machines were an important part of the emergency procedures.

Everyone used to joke about waiting in the cabins for the "fax of doom"

A very long time .. Yep this is one of those stories ... I went to the Hoover Factory in Camburslang, Glasgow. Trouble was I was caught short. Fortunately there was a toilet block at the security entrance ... On taking a seat with great relief I noted the neatly written graffiti above the bog roll ...... In case of nuclear attack ....DO NOT PANIC ....  Soak several sheets of the paper below, stick them to the windows and carefully re seat yourself. Then place your head between you legs and kiss you a** goodbye 

Look we could take lads off we want to have a look at. Callium macdonla and young striker that is impressing babo lad. And besides players that gary rowett plans on playing on sunday could play tommrow grrr.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look we could take lads off we want to have a look at. Callium macdonla and young striker that is impressing babo lad. And besides players that gary rowett plans on playing on sunday could play tommrow grrr.

I think having everyone of the under 23 players give their all to stay in the PLY is more important than a nothing match. There's pre season for looking at the under 23's. Besides playing Friday night then Sunday afternoon, really?!

Archived