Rotherham United v Derby County - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Blackman did nothing wrong when he came on he's scored 1 less than Russell all season and has hardly played give over 

I think Blackman played ok when he came on. I didn't like the fact that fans (certainly around me) we're getting on his back. We need to give him a chance.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wingfieldram said:

I think Blackman played ok when he came on. I didn't like the fact that fans (certainly around me) we're getting on his back. We need to give him a chance.

Agreed. You can see he's terrified to put a foot wrong.

daren't take the peno.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

You got to remember we are a bang average championship side and no more than this.

If fans want to fight for promotion, most of the players have to go.

One of our players is contesting promotion, he's good enough! Come back Chrissy Martin! #BringourWardrobehome

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Agreed. You can see he's terrified to put a foot wrong.

daren't take the peno.

Feel sorry for him, Russell and others awful season get  songs sang good getting behind them but players not even got a chance get stick? No wonder some don't want to play for the club 

Hmm... Blackman I think is in the same category as weiman, may have shown promise somewhere else, but not instantly fitted into the team with a limited amount of time.

But I did feel for him today when derogatory chants started, maybe in the first half and evolved into a derogatory chant for him and camara. When he came on he was ridiculed mercifully. 

Personally I would look at moving him (and others) on as he hasn't produced at Derby, but then again under that patronising pressure who would? If they have a Derby shirt on we should TRY to support them, not to bolster their ego but get the best out of them while their on the pitch, no?

8 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Poor first half, strange atmosphere. Most people sat down?

Agreed re poor first half. I sat down because I wanted to and I was in row C. 

7 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I see the Millers have just scored....that's my 2-0 up the Swanee. 

That was after we had a VERY GOOD chance from Darren Bent to make 0-1 up and wished he used his left foot. Sigh. 

7 hours ago, philmycock said:

Great to see Bent getting a run out :ph34r:

Almost scored after he came but decided to used wrong foot though. Did alright tbh. 

7 hours ago, Anon said:

Blackman hat trick. It's happening.

My 4 nephew would score hat trick tomorrow than Nick Blackman ever will be. 

Nice one Tom, reckon we can sneak a win here ?

Good penalty and I thought we scored the winner at the end I was celebrated with that until I saw Lino put the flag up and it was offside ffs lino I would of won my bet. Not the best game anyway. 

So, 1-1 it finishes. Pfft.

Fair result tbf. 

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Agreed re poor first half. I sat down because I wanted to and I was in row C. 

That was after we had a VERY GOOD chance from Darren Bent to make 0-1 up and wished he used his left foot. Sigh. 

Almost scored after he came but decided to used wrong foot though. Did alright tbh. 

My 4 nephew would score hat trick tomorrow than Nick Blackman ever will be. 

Good penalty and I thought we scored the winner at the end I was celebrated with that until I saw Lino put the flag up and it was offside ffs lino I would of won my bet. Not the best game anyway. 

Fair result tbf. 

Did you behave yourself up there this season? No kicking off with your fellow rams fans this time I hope

1 minute ago, bigbadbob said:

Did you behave yourself up there this season? No kicking off with your fellow rams fans this time I hope

Think you got the wrong fan about that one and I don't get involved at all. 

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Strange day. Cr@p performance.

got to the train station to hear that the train from sheffield to rotherham was cancelled, and travel would involve crossing sheffield on the tram.

decided not to bother. Flogged my train ticket to a derby fan at the station.

got the bus back to derby. Bus back home only to find myself locked out.

finally managed to track down the mrs, and get in to get my car to drive to rotherham.

first derby fan i see in rotherham is the bloke i flogged my train ticket to.

got Into the ground seconds after kick off.

watched a pretty poor performance. No midfield creativity.

Back in the car for 2.07

home for 2.47!

take the car next time.

Sort of reminds me of that Blancmange song, "the day before you came" ...

12 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Have a good day.

This probably sums today up

First 75 minutes...

losing.thumb.jpg.a94c7072446ac7ed9e72a51b471f9fc8.jpg

Last 15 minutes....

winning.jpg.6dff8f4bee06972ed858439b8f675126.jpg

Overall...

funny-cat-pics-meh1.jpg

21 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Must've been your pesky long lost twin then lol

Oi, leave DEL alone.

Us deafies stick together.

32 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

. I sat down because I wanted to and I was in row C

?? OK? Just felt the atmosphere was flattened because in my experience of away games people stand, and it somehow gets almost the whole crowd involved. This was my sons first away game and where we were, people were sitting so we couldn't stand. I could see him looking over at small pockets of people standing, embracing the 'away game' feel with envy. The crowds chants were fragmented often singing different songs. In the second half he said it was like s home match ( sitting down, not much singing and lots of moans) 

BTW ....row C ??  not sure what the relevance is?

2 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Hmm... Blackman I think is in the same category as weiman, may have shown promise somewhere else, but not instantly fitted into the team with a limited amount of time.

But I did feel for him today when derogatory chants started, maybe in the first half and evolved into a derogatory chant for him and camara. When he came on he was ridiculed mercifully. 

Personally I would look at moving him (and others) on as he hasn't produced at Derby, but then again under that patronising pressure who would? If they have a Derby shirt on we should TRY to support them, not to bolster their ego but get the best out of them while their on the pitch, no?

Very good post, I agree as fans we should support our players, it helps no one with booing and derogatory chants, I hope next season some of these boo boys stay away, as if it pisses them off that much, why bother going in the first place. 

29 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

?? OK? Just felt the atmosphere was flattened because in my experience of away games people stand, and it somehow gets almost the whole crowd involved. This was my sons first away game and where we were, people were sitting so we couldn't stand. I could see him looking over at small pockets of people standing, embracing the 'away game' feel with envy. The crowds chants were fragmented often singing different songs. In the second half he said it was like s home match ( sitting down, not much singing and lots of moans) 

BTW ....row C ??  not sure what the relevance is?

Should have taken him to Forest away if he wanted a snidey away day atmos! Hardly gonna be bum clenching when nowt to play for.

Archived