Lap of Appreciation

Ellafella

I always hang back and give them a clap on their way round.

The next couple of months doing chores and visiting home furnishing shops always makes me appreciate how Saturdays would be without football.

Roll on August.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I always hang back and give them a clap on their way round.

The next couple of months doing chores and visiting home furnishing shops always makes me appreciate how Saturdays would be without football.

Roll on August.

Not had many Saturdays with football since January. 

Just now, ketteringram said:

Not had many Saturdays with football since January. 

True, I've been leaving at the normal time and spending afternoons in the pub.

I come home just as pissed, but in a lot better mood.

The missus must think we'll be in the PL next season.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

What a joke this is. I've been a season ticket hold since the mid-18th century and this is far and away the worse team we've ever had. I can't remember when both the team and the club as a whole were in such a state. Every player, every member of the coaching staff and most the fans need to clear off so we can rebuild. The only good thing is that we've fallen so far that the only way is up. At the end of the game I'll be spitting into my water pistol and shooting every player with it.

:D:D:D

23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Mel must be making them do this out of some kind of fiendish retribution. Very embarrassing all round.

I think the mini football idea is to try and keep fans in their seats after the final whistle instead of on the pitch.

I'll be staying, I never leave before the end (although once I had to be physically restrained by my other half). 

Its another case of glass half full etc, I may have had some, shall we say, frustrating afternoons this season, but I'll say thanks for the goals - there's been some cracking ones. There's been some brilliant saves, some brilliant tackles, one touch football and some individual skills I've applauded. 

So those who want to harp on about the other things that didn't go right we won't miss you as you leave early, we'll still give them a clap. 

17 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Bit harsh buddy. Are you having a bad day or something? 

Not at all TR, but if I was a player I'd probably want to put this season behind me as quickly as possible and move on.

Certainly that's how I feel as a supporter, it's been a mess, we've underachieved from where we were this time last year and I think slinking off into the shadows after the final whistle on Sat isn't a bad idea!

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Not at all TR, but if I was a player I'd probably want to put this season behind me as quickly as possible and move on.

Certainly that's how I feel as a supporter, it's been a mess, we've underachieved from where we were this time last year and I think slinking off into the shadows after the final whistle on Sat isn't a bad idea!

I understand your point and share your pain and disappointment but I for one will give polite applause and expect the same back from the players. It's not been a great year by any stretch of the imagination but not quite a complete disaster. 

As for the fans doing more, I've said several times that I really don't think our fans are really that much better or worse than those of the vast majority of clubs. 

I'll give them a clap back. 3 managers, unbalanced squad, they are the Rams today so let's be a unit instead of all this infighting.  There is enough moaning and analysis after a bad defeat. Yep .. Pretty bang average this year but it'll make it all the better when things come right.

I just hope they have the fight and skill to send us off on a high and earn themselves a chance of some accolades. It all feels a bit hollow if we've just lost .. Will do for them as well. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

I'll give them a clap back. 3 managers, unbalanced squad, they are the Rams today so let's be a unit instead of all this infighting.  There is enough moaning and analysis after a bad defeat. Yep .. Pretty bang average this year but it'll make it all the better when things come right.

I just hope they have the fight and skill to send us off on a high and earn themselves a chance of some accolades. It all feels a bit hollow if we've just lost .. Will do for them as well. 

Agreed. Perhaps the thread should be retitled "lack of appreciation" judging by some comments. 

Archived