Lap of Appreciation

Ellafella

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agreed. Perhaps the thread should be retitled "lack of appreciation" judging by some comments. 

It is difficult to win things .. but bottom line, forgetting all the crazy money in the game .. our team finished half way up the table and at times entertained us. we didn't get relegated, we had some good days (and some grim ones) We hold the BC trophy and GR sounds as if he knows what he is doing. On top of that he WANTED this job and won't vanish at the first sign of a big offer following modest success on the field.

There have been some lacklustre efforts by some individuals in some games especially in the dark days of Pearson ..

but think how Pearce kept us together then. How Johnny for all his errors spat teeth out and ran some more and the same from Keogh. Hughes dancing through Leicester's midfield. Tom Ince the bright spark on the worst days, BJ finding an uncomfortable role and making himself fit it. Baird ! the collective sighs when he got selected first but he stood up and did the business. Nuge ! what bargain. That grin when he went back on for the match ball - priceless

yeah .. well I had an ok season really

I've given this lot the fat end of £1000 and 100 hours of my time this season, and if they wanted to show me that they appreciated it, they should have given more on the pitch during the season. I'll be off at the final whistle.

25 minutes ago, needles said:

I've given this lot the fat end of £1000 and 100 hours of my time this season, and if they wanted to show me that they appreciated it, they should have given more on the pitch during the season. I'll be off at the final whistle.

That's a bit miserable mate ! .. For my 1000 quid I saw about 30 games of footy and we won about half of them, I drank about the same number of pints, had a couple of dozen strolls up the river bank and some amiable gossip with random fellow fans. I consumed (free from the lovely Karen ) a whole bunch of sweets. 23 bags of crisps, 4 portions of chips, 3 hot dogs and a mars bar. 

Not including penalty shoot outs I have seen the net balloon in the right way at least 30 times and at a ration of of right to wrong of about 2:1 

i saw an aging striker repeatedly giving every last ounce of his effort get a hat trick, I got to see Forest suffer (again) I saw at least 2 players beat some demons and get proper fan love ... Come on ! It's football ... Anyway I know you'll be back next year, you're just playing hard to get :ph34r:

a year of down and up and more than a little pleasure .. All for 20 quid a week ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

That's a bit miserable mate ! .. For my 1000 quid I saw about 30 games of footy and we won about half of them, I drank about the same number of pints, had a couple of dozen strolls up the river bank and some amiable gossip with random fellow fans. I consumed (free from the lovely Karen ) a whole bunch of sweets. 23 bags of crisps, 4 portions of chips, 3 hot dogs and a mars bar. 

Not including penalty shoot outs I have seen the net balloon in the right way at least 30 times and at a ration of of right to wrong of about 2:1 

i saw an aging striker repeatedly giving every last ounce of his effort get a hat trick, I got to see Forest suffer (again) I saw at least 2 players beat some demons and get proper fan love ... Come on ! It's football ... Anyway I know you'll be back next year, you're just playing hard to get :ph34r:

a year of down and up and more than a little pleasure .. All for 20 quid a week ?

I've renewed of course. 

Just a bit frazzled with football at the moment. I need a break but I'll be well up for it come August.

1 hour ago, needles said:

I've renewed of course. 

Just a bit frazzled with football at the moment. I need a break but I'll be well up for it come August.

I'm bit like you, just nigh double it with two teenagers wanting to go as often as I'll allow ?

As for the lap of honour, wonder what the formation will be? :ph34r:

7 hours ago, needles said:

Tbf its probably the best they can do. The're not asking us to appreciate them, the club are telling the players to appreciate the fans...the fans can go or stay, its not an issue either way.

Roll on next season.

Agreed, this is the players appreciating the fans, not the fans appreciating the players. We can stay and stand quietly if we want, don't have to clap them. I don't appreciate the players efforts this season as a whole team. Individual performances yes but over the whole season a let down.

I find this thread really depressing. Not because of the season we've had but because of all the cynical comments. 

Every game that I go to I stay until the end and clap the players off the pitch. 

If people think this has been a bad season then they've not supported Derby for long. 

Oh, and I will have plenty of time to be cynical when I get old ;)

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I find this thread really depressing. Not because of the season we've had but because of all the cynical comments. 

Every game that I go to I stay until the end and clap the players off the pitch. 

If people think this has been a bad season then they've not supported Derby for long. 

I'm old but I will still clap the players they have done their best .

Not all old people are cynical.

Looking forward to next season already. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I find this thread interesting. I have been supporting The Rams close to 50 years now and since 1976 have been a regular game attendee, although never a season ticket holder. When younger and without big work and family commitments l used to get to c20 games a season, but in later years that reduced to 5-10. This season l have been to none - didn't even go to Brighton. 

Now l haven't lost any love of the Club - l visit all the media channels regularly, and l am always on here at least once a day. I am pretty much always in the matchday loop too. l always know and feel how we are doing.  But the bottom line is l am pretty fed up with our playing staff, a large number of who all too clearly downed tools for Pearson AND McClaren this season for one reason or another.

There have been worse seasons over the last 40 years l agree, a great many, and l have watched and cheered on a lot worse football from a lot worse players,  but this squad should have been competing seriously for the top two this season. I am looking forward to a shake up in the summer and the injection of a lot more heart in the squad - a bit more Team and a lot less l. Not sure what the problem is but l hope Rowett roots it out. Given all that, l look forward to going to a few games next season, and like many others on here being far less cynical at season end about a "Lap of Appreciation '.

p.s. Yes I am a half-fan Boycie, Eddie and DEL :lol:

Football now is all about making the fans think we are really important, knowledgeable, passionate and loyal.

Players applauding fans after games for supporting them. Lol. "Thanks to the people who turned up to simply verbally abuse me for the duration of the game"

If fans want to leave early and not stay and applaud the players that's fine with me. If you think the players don't deserve your applause it's your choice. I look forward to the reaction of fans if baird, Blackman, ince, vydra, Keogh, Johnson, Russell, Butterfield, Olson, Christie (basically players who have received dogs abuse at games) decide that they feel some fans don't deserve applause and appreciation and go home after the game.

Vydra received dogs abuse for being seen in his car, leaving early, at a game he wasn't even selected in.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Tbf its probably the best they can do. The're not asking us to appreciate them, the club are telling the players to appreciate the fans...the fans can go or stay, its not an issue either way.

Roll on next season.

I don't want their appreciation. I want half of them to **** off and I'm frustrated as hell with the other half.

I don't believe most of them will be genuine in what they're doing anyway.

I know, I know, I'm a grumpy old ****, but I'll still be getting behind them for 90 minutes and I'll be back next season.

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I find this thread interesting. I have been supporting The Rams close to 50 years now and since 1976 have been a regular game attendee, although never a season ticket holder. When younger and without big work and family commitments l used to get to c20 games a season, but in later years that reduced to 5-10. This season l have been to none - didn't even go to Brighton. 

Now l haven't lost any love of the Club - l visit all the media channels regularly, and l am always on here at least once a day. I am pretty much always in the matchday loop too. l always know and feel how we are doing.  But the bottom line is l am pretty fed up with our playing staff, a large number of who all too clearly downed tools for Pearson AND McClaren this season for one reason or another.

There have been worse seasons over the last 40 years l agree, a great many, and l have watched and cheered on a lot worse football from a lot worse players,  but this squad should have been competing seriously for the top two this season. I am looking forward to a shake up in the summer and the injection of a lot more heart in the squad - a bit more Team and a lot less l. Not sure what the problem is but l hope Rowett roots it out. Given all that, l look forward to going to a few games next season, and like many others on here being far less cynical at season end about a "Lap of Appreciation '.

p.s. Yes I am a half-fan Boycie, Eddie and DE:lol:

I can't talk, fellow non-season ticket holder.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

I can't talk, fellow non-season ticket holder.

Are you saying you are not renewing Eddie? That would be a great, great pity particularly if it is for financial or health reasons (rather than because of lack of appreciation of the team, or 'value for money'). Hope all is well, or soon will be again.

I think it speaks volumes that we are even discussing this. If the fans had something to shout about they would be on the pitch when the final whistle goes lifting the players aloft and celebrating a successful season.

The players want to do a lap of appreciation?? Really? ? The players have been told to do one. They ought to hang their heads in shame. They have failed.

Archived