Lap of Appreciation

Ellafella

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Are you saying you are not renewing Eddie? That would be a great, great pity particularly if it is for financial or health reasons (rather than because of lack of appreciation of the team, or 'value for money'). Hope all is well, or soon will be again.

Financial reasons.

I was made redundant at Chrstmas, and although I have just started a new job this week, it's a very short-term contract (until the end of June at the moment) on less than the wage I was earning 25 years ago. The pair of us also have our 65th birthdays half-way through the season, so it's actually going to work out cheaper on a match-by-match basis.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some right grumpy sods on here.

The players have tried their best, but haven't been good enough. All I ask for is that they try their best. So I will be clapping them.

It seems to me that most people dislike the money we've spent on them and pay them. Well then, if that's thee case take your venom out on Mel, Sam and the numerous managers we've had since Morris bought the club.

It's not the players fault we've overpaid for them, or given them those contracts. I guarantee none of you wold look at how much you're being paid when offered a job and say "you know what? i don't think I'm worth that much, pay me less."

So I will be clapping the players. They've entertained us. We've won more games than we've lost. Had some cracking goals in cracking games (although admittedly less so than in recent seasons.)

I will not be clapping Mel/Sam.

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

The players want to do a lap of appreciation?? Really? ? The players have been told to do one. They ought to hang their heads in shame. They have failed.

I imagine this is the footballers equivalent of a hair shirt. So do stay and watch them wear it. :D

Slightly disappointed that there has been no lap report.

How many fans stayed to watch, and what percentage booed?

Which players had the look that this was "Goodbye".

Did Incey or Jacob smile?

Did Keogh stay on his feet the whole way round?

Did the players kick the balls into any stand a lot harder than the others?

Were there any players in the Directors box whispering in Mel's ear?

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives their time now to update me.

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Slightly disappointed that there has been no lap report.

How many fans stayed to watch, and what percentage booed?

About 5,000 at a guess. No boos - the boo-boys had all gone home.

Which players had the look that this was "Goodbye".

Didn't see Hughes. Blackman looked rather sheepish but not in a Rams sort of way.

Did Incey or Jacob smile?

No and yes. Johnson and his kids seem to enjoy it, as did Benty (big grin). Thorne and Fozzy were quite enthusiastic and good to see them on the pitch - ok I'm clutching at straws here!

Did Keogh stay on his feet the whole way round?

Yes, nursing a little bundle of joy, as was Russell, so very careful circuit.

Did the players kick the balls into any stand a lot harder than the others?

Yes, West and South - they'd about run out of balls by the time they got to us in the North Stand - we felt like February!

Were there any players in the Directors box whispering in Mel's ear?

Don't know I was watching the players.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives their time now to update me.

My pleasure.

We stayed behind and gave them a clap. It was nice to see.

Will, George and Max Lowe were stood outside the main entrance of the ground when we left.....giving autographs and posing for photos.They were getting plenty of attention from the fans. All three seemed very enthusiastic and happy.

28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The ground was virtually empty.

a bit embarrassing in the end?

The bottom ends of each stand were fairly full - I  was surprised by how many stayed in the South Stand, to be honest.

Of course each stand emptied as the players finished walking past - my pics were taken after West, South and East stands so not so many people left in those.

I don't think it was embarrassing and the kids around me ( young and old) seemed to enjoy it.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

The bottom ends of each stand were fairly full - I  was surprised by how many stayed in the South Stand, to be honest.

Of course each stand emptied as the players finished walking past - my pics were taken after West, South and East stands so not so many people left in those.

I don't think it was embarrassing and the kids around me ( young and old) seemed to enjoy it.

Good. :thumbsup:

I noticed at the beginning when Keogh let his little one walk,  he or she kept falling over - like father like child?

(Sorry for the longwindedness but don't know whether it's son or daughter!)

Archived