Lap of Appreciation

Ellafella

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure that this is intended as a gesture for the players to show appreciation to the fans. 

However, I am dubbing it as more correctly a 'lap of depreciation'  - as the team will surely be aware that much of their asset-value as players has diminished considerably!

Harsh or not, that's the reality. Quite a few of these players might even realise that this was the last time they will appear at PPS in a Derby shirt. Ohh, apart from the odd testimonial.

It is a squad of allegedly top-quality, operating with some of the best training resources in football (let alone the Championship!) with a large & loyal fan base, a great stadium, and the highest financial rewards of any Rams squad in history.

To therefore muster a top 10, or perhaps only a top 12 finish, is pretty scandalous, unacceptable. 

We've seen it before, and there has been managerial instability - but sadly, the squad has demonstrated that they can't give a 90+ minute performance regularly, or sustain form and results, over the season. And that was under several 'styles' of management. Yet again, we are the Cinderella club.

Yep, I am a grumbly git - but if you do not truly aspire and strive to the highest levels of the club's heritage and actually achieve tangible success, you might as well not bother. We need winners, leaders, fighters...not poor also-rans. 

Rant over!

It's gonna be a long summer. Sort 'em out, Gary!

What a joke this is. I've been a season ticket hold since the mid-18th century and this is far and away the worse team we've ever had. I can't remember when both the team and the club as a whole were in such a state. Every player, every member of the coaching staff and most the fans need to clear off so we can rebuild. The only good thing is that we've fallen so far that the only way is up. At the end of the game I'll be spitting into my water pistol and shooting every player with it.

Make it Panto.. Dress up Keogh as a goat.. Pearson as a villain... Several players as donkeys.. Rowett as the messiah.. Blackman as a footballer and play the Benny Hill theme as several players fail to kick the footballs in the right direction..

Archived