Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

Good result

Slightly disappointing performance

The good run under schteve had a few lucky wins which maybe led to a few false expectations.

(amazing result by norwich?)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the Ince winner and I'll have to correct myself. It wasn't flukey at all. From the other end of the pitch and with my failing eyesight I thought it had bounced in off his block from Kusczak's clearance. In fact it was a fantastic through ball from Carson and a very neat finish.

What a trek back. Was the A38 closed? I didn't risk it but going up the A515 added about 30 mins.

Not the most exciting game. We played well first half but dropped off second. 

Birmingham were a lot better than their position suggest and we found them quite a difficult team to play against. 

Any Brummies feeling hard done should think about how the times they have snatched goal from us in the last minute. 

Anyway sometimes the points are better than the performance and today was one of them days. 

Good day in Brum a few beers and the sun was out. 

6 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Just seen the championship on 5. Unbelievable, they ask Chris Powell who has been on the management team for all but the last 4 games, where did it go wrong before the last 4 games? 

Very uncomfortable

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Just seen the championship on 5. Unbelievable, they ask Chris Powell who has been on the management team for all but the last 4 games, where did it go wrong before the last 4 games? 

I know. Such amateurs. Poor Chris Powell. 

If Ince doesn't win POTY then I'm only going to wear rose tinted glasses and say Mel Morris is absolutely wonderful and the best thing about this club in it's history. Ever. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

If Ince doesn't win POTY then I'm only going to wear rose tinted glasses and say Mel Morris is absolutely wonderful and the best thing about this club in it's history. Ever. 

Many players would have bottled it with keeper bearing down and certain to get clattered. Ince deserves credit for his bravery.

Wish Olsson would make more effort to stop crosses and defend - exposes Pearce.

1 hour ago, clough08 said:

Many players would have bottled it with keeper bearing down and certain to get clattered. Ince deserves credit for his bravery.

Wish Olsson would make more effort to stop crosses and defend - exposes Pearce.

Funnily enough, Ince sort of bottled one very similar in the first half. Certainly didn't the second time! 

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not a great performance but did the job. Russell probably my MOTM, enjoying a new lease of life. Bryson very good too. 

Pearce not doing it for me again, although there isn't really anyone to come in for me. Can't handle pace.

We were poor from set pieces all afternoon. Only low point of the Rowett regime. 

Totally agree mate, jutkevitz gave him the runaround today! 

6 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Totally agree mate, jutkevitz gave him the runaround today! 

How many did he score?

39 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Quote from Zola

"I warned the players that the only way Derby could cause us a problem was from set-pieces and corners.

Obviously he did not do his research very well !

I saw that as well:lol: is that the worst piece of scouting in football history?:lol:

Gritty away performance, grinding a result out , something we've not been able to do in a while . And while there was no easy on the eye free flowing football, we did a job. 

Enjoyed the day out , met plenty of Rams fans had a good drink around the city before and after the match. Birmingham fans were all OK that we bumped into. So we're the west brom , Southampton, Oxford and Walsall fans. 

Only downer of the day was getting punched in the chest by a fellow Derby fan outside the ground who was drinking in the same pub as me an hour previous, he thought we were Birmingham fans , either way no excuse . But it didn't really put a dampener on the day . Onwards and upwards COYR. 

Archived