Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

54 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

How many times this season has a Derby County tweet started with "A corner into the #DCFC box isn't cleared..."? 

It's not just people scoring from set pieces, the ball just drops into the middle of everyone and all our players stand still and start fingering themselves.

No wonder they can't concentrate on the ball. Dirty buggers

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

It was a scrappier, tighter affair than I expected. We didn't retain possession as well as I'd have liked with Bryson and Johnson a little off the pace in the engine room. The latter saw too much of the ball for me. It's never a good thing. But Nuge, Ince and Butters were on form and I reckon we tested their keeper more than they did Carson. They were wasteful if anything. Ironic that our shot 'off' target resulted in a goal... poor Butters. 

Silly goal to concede, we still can't get that out of our system it seems but I thought we defended stoutly otherwise with Keogh the pick at the back. None of the subs did much to press their claims and yes, we must accept we stole the win. I think a draw looked a fair result. 

Didn't realise Robinson still played football. He must be 47 and played like he was 57. Adams looked lively but somewhat greedy and wasteful. Big lad up front with a name I won't try and spell gave us something to think about. 

Nuge my man of the match. 

In a pub now watching the national. Come on Double Shuffle! 

Robinson is furty-eight. 

8 minutes ago, ck- said:

Just to show how daft these assist stats are, does that mean Carson now has as many as Russell?

For a player in his position (Carson) that's terrible..... Get rid.

In other news, does this make up for the fame brum scored two goals in time added to added time? Not quite in my mind, but it was sweet.

Re @TroyDyer's comment about their goal, I can understand his feelings (let Rowett know where we are weak), but I would hope that all 4 goals we have conceded since he took over have taught him something about our defence. Two have come directly from corners and the other two breaks down the middle. Hopefully in the close season he will be able to address those problems. I know i wouldn't know where to start. On paper all 4 of the defence (6 if you want to include  Carson and Christie) are more than capable. Four are current internationals, and the other two ex-internationals. It may be difficult for Rowett to actually decide who he should change, although many on here will be glad to help him 

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/birmham-vs-derby/report/358590

Highlights there for anyone who hasn't seen the goals. Special mention for the guy going absolutely insane in the background after Ince scored!

Can't get a signal till I get home but the insane guy will be the highlight when I get to see! Sounds like it will remind me of Wanchope at Old Trafford. :lol:

Archived