Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

22 minutes ago, needles said:

It's weird booze day. I'm celebrating with a bottle of greek white wine. It's alreet.

I'm half way through a 2 week all-inclusive holiday and so far I've more than got my money's worth.  Sadly this morning I developed a terrible case of the trots, so I'll be celebrating with a wee dram of Imodium.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, rynny said:

I heard rumours about that, yet to see it true.

Just so everyone knows, there's a mod room section of the forum you can enter when you're a mod. 

You'd think it'd be full of techno stuff and dealing with complaints? It's mostly this guy hammering you lot. The things he's said about respected members such as @reveldevil are pretty shocking.

Alas, I'm not here to stir

Big 3 points!

Wasn't there and listening to radio Derby it weren't convincing either...

Don't matter... it's all about the result!

GR when interviewed said he liked the start, liked the finish, but didn't like what came in between haha 

Going route one and snatching games in injury time... ain't that what usually happens to us?

Progress.

COYR!

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just so everyone knows, there's a mod room section of the forum you can enter when you're a mod. 

You'd think it'd be full of techno stuff and dealing with complaints? It's mostly this guy hammering you lot. The things he's said about respected members such as @reveldevil are pretty shocking.

I have no idea what this is saying - it is utter gibberish 

Has this guy been drinking to excess again ? 

Would say we got slightly lucky today. Both goals were pretty flukey but it's not like we didn't deserve them. Blues could easily have had a couple more and they weren't half as bad as I expected them to be.

Bloody cracking weather in Birmingham. Great place for a drink as well. All in all a top day out!

52 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Re @TroyDyer's comment about their goal, I can understand his feelings (let Rowett know where we are weak), but I would hope that all 4 goals we have conceded since he took over have taught him something about our defence. Two have come directly from corners and the other two breaks down the middle. Hopefully in the close season he will be able to address those problems. I know i wouldn't know where to start. On paper all 4 of the defence (6 if you want to include  Carson and Christie) are more than capable. Four are current internationals, and the other two ex-internationals. It may be difficult for Rowett to actually decide who he should change, although many on here will be glad to help him 

Forgot about Forest's first goal :blink:. Another that will have given Rowett plenty to think about!

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

How badly did we actually defend today? Statistically we were largely dominated yet restricted them to scoring just one goal from a set-piece...

Surely that's not too bad? 

Pearce and Olsson defended very badly.

I've never known a full back just stand back and allow so many crosses be put into our area. Olsson could learn a lot from Chris Baird.

Pearce is becoming a complete liability. Positionally poor, wins very few headers, looks like he is treading water when he runs and his distribution is terrible. Added to this every time he goes near an attacker he fouls. I've never seen a player go from so good to so bad in such a short space of time. 

On the plus side, Baird was his usual steady self and Keogh put in a couple of matching saving blocks, as well as digging Pearce out of the **** on a few occasions.

In summary, I think it's a fair comment to say we were defensively poor because but for a disallowed goal and wasteful finishing from Birmingham we would have lost today.

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I keep trying to walk away, but somehow always end up being pulled back in.

55 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not even going to deny it.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not even going to deny it.

Twice in a few days now I've been dragged into threads of which I'm not a part.

I'm beginning to think a higher power is involved.

Strange game, i thought 1st half we were quite impressive, once we'd got into their half we didn't let up until we'd made a chance at goal, and it was a really good save from Nugent to stop 2-0 being the half time score.

Second half they beasted us, deservedly got an equaliser then proceeded to dominate right until Ince scored the winner!

In the words of Red Nev, something's happening, despite Weds winning i think there's still half a chance.

Traffic was a nightmare after, took a wrong turn and ended up in downtown Karachi, once I'd made the Turkish border things were easier.

More proof that anywhere suffixed Green is anything but.

20170408_144439.thumb.jpg.c30efa869fbe5ac94afef2387164daeb.jpg

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Strange game, i thought 1st half we were quite impressive, once we'd got into their half we didn't let up until we'd made a chance at goal, and it was a really good save from Nugent to stop 2-0 being the half time score.

Second half they beasted us, deservedly got an equaliser then proceeded to dominate right until Ince scored the winner!

In the words of Red Nev, something's happening, despite Weds winning i think there's still half a chance.

Traffic was a nightmare after, took a wrong turn and ended up in downtown Karachi, once I'd made the Turkish border things were easier.

More proof that anywhere suffixed Green is anything but.

20170408_144439.thumb.jpg.c30efa869fbe5ac94afef2387164daeb.jpg

Birmingham can be a bit like that I remember. :lol:

Just got back, poor game to watch really although and excellent result, with us being so tiny Birmingham just put the ball in the box at every opportunity which they managed to score from once

who played well for us - nugent and.keogh and Baird were steady

who didn't play well for us - Pearce, slow and positionly not right and Olson who simply stands off the wide man allowing every cross to come in

next season if Forsyth and shackell are fit they will be a major improvement 

Great vision from Carson for the winner by the look of the highlights. A genuine goalkeeping assist. Shame the Wendies won as 5 points to make up in 5 games would be bad enough, but 7 leaves our hopes hanging by a thread. But that's been the position for weeks already.

A last minute win sends belief coursing through the veins of our lads, and sows seeds of doubts in our opponents. Had we drawn we'd be out of it, but even though there's almost no hope this season, we do live to fight another day. Brilliant win!

Archived