Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

For all our defensive frailties and inability to defend set pieces how many did we concede yesterday and how many did they have? Countless corners, free kicks and long throws went in to our box yesterday yet they scored one. Let's not bash them too much. Maybe if the midfield and forwards controlled the game higher up the pitch a bit better there wouldn't have been so much pressure.

The trick is to stop the opposition getting corners in the first place...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

There was the disallowed goal and the header that drifted past the post which was in if on target.

The whole team was poor yesterday but the poor defending seems to be a recurring theme. 

That's disallowed because of an infringement without which they wouldn't have scored and something that was off target.

Went yesterday, a good day out, good atmosphere in the away end, very quiet from Brum fans, thought first half we moved the ball around well, second half we were a bit to slow, like Mr Rowett pointed out, a very well taken goal by Ince, and I thought our best 3 players were Russell, Keogh and Bryson.

14 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Second game in the row where opponent's keeper is gifting us a win... but what a pass from Carson, surprised it's not been mentioned more!

I don't think the keeper did much wrong. Certainly not the scale of the Fulham game.

18 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Second game in the row where opponent's keeper is gifting us a win... but what a pass from Carson, surprised it's not been mentioned more!

Looks more like the CBs are caught napping.

good finish mind.

28 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Is that in the same way that Carson gifted Barnsley a win in the first away game this season?

56 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That's disallowed because of an infringement without which they wouldn't have scored and something that was off target.

Thought the disallowed goal was soft but it was at the far end and I've not seen it back.

The striker missing the target does not alter the fact it was bad defending.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Is that in the same way that Carson gifted Barnsley a win in the first away game this season?

Nope, I meant Ince's goal. Not much keeper can do with those kind of own goals.

6 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Quote from Zola

"I warned the players that the only way Derby could cause us a problem was from set-pieces and corners.

Obviously he did not do his research very well !

No he didn't.

"It's poor because I warned them between the first half and the second half. I said 'The only way they (Derby) can cause a problem is breaking from corner kicks and set plays'. They are very dangerous from that. Everybody knew that."

I agree with him in part - we are at our most dangerous when the other team have the ball and it breaks down. We break rapidly from defence better than most teams, as goals against Fulham and Birmingham clearly demonstrate.

8 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Nope, I meant Ince's goal. Not much keeper can do with those kind of own goals.

Ah, ok. I think whatever the keeper did, he was dead meat. If he had stayed back, Ince could perhaps have driven it past him. As it was, he just made Ince's mind up for him.

only nugent and rusell aknowledged keogh when he came to celebrate,ince looked like he only did it cause he thought he ought too,not knocking anybody btw,but that slow motion to me didnt look like a full team happy celebration..great result and great to see a totally different work ethic on the pitch..

21 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Love this - 

Hope this becomes a thing for every game! 

Pearce's reaction to our 2nd goal - you'd swear we had just conceded an injury-time goal (again) rather than scored the winner.

5 minutes ago, ramjit said:

only nugent and rusell aknowledged keogh when he came to celebrate,ince looked like he only did it cause he thought he ought too,not knocking anybody btw,but that slow motion to me didnt look like a full team happy celebration..great result and great to see a totally different work ethic on the pitch..

Why bother pointing it out if you're not knocking anybody?

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

So without the effort of the Fulham goalkeeper we weren't deserving of a win ??? We won , we got three points , we played well - get over it.

1 minute ago, DRBee said:

So without the effort of the Fulham goalkeeper we weren't deserving of a win ??? We won , we got three points , we played well - get over it.

Didn't say a thing about not deserving it. Just pointing out the facts we have benefitted from opponent's mistakes.

It clearly is tought to take for many here.

21 minutes ago, ramjit said:

Bull hooks.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thought the disallowed goal was soft but it was at the far end and I've not seen it back.

The striker missing the target does not alter the fact it was bad defending.

Fair enough. I haven't seen the effort that went wide but not all shots are the result of bad defending.

Archived