Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

Saturday 8th April 2017

3pm KO

St Andrews

Garys return..... what will it bring?

I hope the fighting spirit of Rourkes Drift.

Fire at will.....

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Saturday 8th April 2017

3pm KO

St Andrews

Garys return..... what will it bring?

I hope the fighting spirit of Rourkes Drift.

Fire at will.....

Reminds me of the old joke about who was the first person killed at Rourkes Drift?

Mr R will be up for this just a tincy wincy bit I'm feeling.  Gary Rowett is a Ram, he hates Brummies....... He'll play it down as he's a gentleman of the highest order but boy oh boy his heart will be pumping. SSA

46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I hope we are able to control the game a bit more than we did v fulham.

Don't think we were ever going to control the game against Fulham, there a very good passing side who like to keep the ball . Mind you so are Birmingham under Zola :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I would hope so, different game plan for this one. Fulham are relentless in attack with their pace and passing. Brum are struggling at the minute, and confidence is low. 

However, it will be a different task to Fulham. We will need to be patient and keep up a positive approach by creating chances and going at them relentlessly. And when we get a goal, not to sit back. We create our own problems doing that. We need to be wise, but keep attacking and asking questions of their defence.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think it was brilliant that Gary in his post match interviews had already identified that the players didn't get what he was asking of them first half and ended up leaving gaps for Fulham to exploit. Very refreshing that despite a 4-2 win against a talented side he is straight away identifying areas where we must do better. 

PS Just to add that already I can see that if the players continue to buy into his playing philosophy we will see the talent that we have emerge. Exciting times I think.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think it was brilliant that Gary in his post match interviews had already identified that the players didn't get what he was asking of them first half and ended up leaving gaps for Fulham to exploit. Very refreshing that despite a 4-2 win against a talented side he is straight away identifying areas where we must do better. 

I liked that about Clement too. With Mac you always thought he was either wearing rose tinted glasses, or watching a completely different game. 

Just as Gary will be keen to beat them, their entire playing staff will be desperate to beat him. They're on the most terrible run, dropping like a stone, but this is their chance to put everything into one match and get the one win that's all they probably need to survive. Every game is tough, but this might be the toughest remaining because of the unusual circumstances. It's great we seem to have turned a bit off a corner but if that's to continue we mustn't take anything at all for granted. Feels as if there's a heady does of over-confidence on here.

Zola was one of my all time favourite players but I truly hope we hammer them good and proper.

There will be a lot of fire about this one from both sides. Take our chances, show no mercy

I wonder if he will stick with Bryson or if Will or Butters might get a start ? everything else unchanged for me.

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Zola was one of my all time favourite players but I truly hope we hammer them good and proper.

There will be a lot of fire about this one from both sides. Take our chances, show no mercy

I wonder if he will stick with Bryson or if Will or Butters might get a start ? everything else unchanged for me.

GR hinted in his interview he may change a few. Giving a few a rest.

Archived