Rowett interview

Derbados

9 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I think you only have to look at Birmingham's form since Rowett left to know what effect he had on that team. Probably a case of the players not happy he got the sack and/or Zola not good enough for the players they have.

Birmingham have capitulated for the same reason we did under Pearson, although the opposite way around.

He was brought in to play possession football with a squad built to absorb and counter. 

Birmingham's owners were silly to think Zola could change so much in January. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Apologies to @BurtonRam7 for any offence I have caused in the past. And same goes to anyone reading this that may feel the same. I am a changed person and am not what I was a year go. 

I apologise to you too mate, I've realised I was a bit out of order for going straight for you. I made an honest mistake with the Lee Clark thing and when you replied like that I thought I would just go for it as I remember wanting to do it in the past. It seems like you have genuinely changed, so I'm all for giving you a second chance. Sorry again, not had the best of days I'm afraid.

Edit: I'm a young lad as well, I guess it's all just part of growing up, learning from mistakes and all that.

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I apologise to you too mate, I've realised I was a bit out of order for going straight for you. I made an honest mistake with the Lee Clark thing and when you replied like that I thought I would just go for it as I remember wanting to do it in the past. It seems like you have genuinely changed, so I'm all for giving you a second chance. Sorry again, not had the best of days I'm afraid.

Edit: I'm a young lad as well, I guess it's all just part of growing up, learning from mistakes and all that.

It's all good bro. We're all Ram at heart. :D 

Now, This is a gary rowett thread. Are you happy with him coming in? 

I am kinda happy. Not not looking forward to the fans reactions when they realise he doesn't play attractive football. 

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

@Nuwtfly - Cheers mate. 

Think I have changed significantly in the past couple of months & I hope that has come across.

It is hard wired into male DNA that between 16-21 you will at some point(s) or period(s) that being an utter knob head will happen.

It is what you learn from it that separates the wheat from the chaff.

Glad to see both man up and apologise.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I've heard enough of new manager speeches for a bit. 

Sounds bad but I can't be arsed to listen to anything anyone has to say. Just go show it instead

Still refreshing to hear a manager advocate the need for some character and desire  over technical ability at times.

To those who have followed the Rams for years and years this is blindingly obvious.

Even more so to those that have played the game

And yet the recruitment policy of the club over the last 3 and a half years has totally failed to address it . And that is the principle reason why we are perennial underachievers. We have too many of the wrong kinds of players 

So at least he has a head start on all his failing predecessors. 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

It's all good bro. We're all Ram at heart. :D 

Now, This is a gary rowett thread. Are you happy with him coming in? 

I am kinda happy. Not not looking forward to the fans reactions when they realise he doesn't play attractive football. 

Sound mate:thumbsup:. Would give it a like but I'm out unfortunately?.

Yes, I would be very happy with him coming in. I was incredibly angry last night, but I think that was directed more at Mel being trigger happy again. In the long term, this could be a very good decision if Rowett works out.

When we were looking at a manager in the summer, I wouldn't need have minded Rowett but I knew he probably wouldn't play the 'Derby Way'. It didn't bother me so much but it was more the thought of Mel not liking it and sacking him like he did with Clement (although of course, that could have been for other reasons). 

To be fair to him though, he's never had a particularly gifted squad so he may adapt to fit our players. Obviously I would rather us win playing attractive football than win play ugly football, but at the same time I would rather us win playing ugly football than lose playing attractive football. It's got to the point now where I don't really care about how we play, I just want to see some passion and to be proud of being a Derby fan again.

At the moment it's embarrassing going into school every day and getting the piss taken out of me. Obviously I take it as banter, as I love to give it back just as much when we win, but it still winds me up big time?. If Rowett can bring some pride, passion and wins back to DCFC, I'll be very happy.

8 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

It is hard wired into male DNA that between 16-21 you will at some point(s) or period(s) that being an utter knob head will happen.

It is what you learn from it that separates the wheat from the chaff.

Glad to see both man up and apologise.

Thank you, it's much appreciated.

33 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Just get a bloody room ?

47 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I was one of the people to come and call out @RamsPolls when he was abusing people on Twitter, just as I called out others who were also partaking in some of the most vile, disgusting behaviour I've seen from Derby fans on the internet.

But absolutely everyone deserves a second chance. We only learn by making mistakes, and not allowing someone the chance to change is not on.

Keep doing what you're doing, RP. Maybe some of the other Twitter trolls will follow your example!

Gary Glitter, Jimmy Saville???? 

Leopard.....spots and all that.

Once a knob always a knob. Hang em all I say .

:p

3 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

@Nuwtfly - Cheers mate. 

Think I have changed significantly in the past couple of months & I hope that has come across.

It has. 

But don't be surprised if it comes up again is all I'm saying. A year isn't a long time when you're as old as some of us. I'd just take it on the chin and in time it'll be forgotten.

13 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Sadly an average manager, but then again MM we have become an average club with no pulling clout. Rowett gone Xmas with 2nd rate players coming in at around the £2-4 million mark, Donaldson I bet !!

Players around the £4-8 million mark have hardly set the place alight tbf....

,Rowett was my choice last time round, but he will need time and patience from the Owner and us fans, it's going to be a 2 year plan to get us to the premiership, I for one will be backing him all the way, just hope Mel does the same. Once a Ram always a Ram.

Archived