Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Pearson said:

Disingenuous if you cannot accept that Pearson lay the foundations, and if Rowett can achieve a similar goal, which I believe he can, well happy days.

I know McClaren certainly wasn’t capable.

You are a silly billy.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but I've heard that Higginbotham will be part of the backroom staff.

Really?! Not been totally convinced about rowetts appointment but I massively rate higginbotham, always seems to talk sense when I've heard him, would be delighted with that

14 hours ago, toddy said:

It is a very sad time for the club, we had a manager with a very good win ratio that has now been sacked. Now pushed out of the door because of the continual lack of effort of the players on the pitch.

Since 2015, we have had Mac 1, Clement, Walsall, Pearson, Mac 2, Rowett?

6 managers in 2 years!       Same players!!!!!?

Perhaps Mel should actually look at the players, and why they are not doing what is asked of them rather changing managers every few months.

We will never get any stability here whilst the axe is continually falling what happened to the common sense within Derby County.

Mel, whilst you are a fan and one that finances us very well, maybe it's time to let a manager manage.

A sad time for all Derby fans.

Bit of a contradiction, you want Mel to let the manager manage but also you want him to look at the players.

If the players are the problem it should be the manager that recommends they are transfer listed, the fact that only Martin has been shipped out indicates the manager had no problem with other players or was not strong enough to do anything about it?

32 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Disingenuous if you cannot accept that Pearson lay the foundations, and if Rowett can achieve a similar goal, which I believe he can, well happy days.

I know McClaren certainly wasn’t capable.

I don't see how you can know Mac wasn't capable TBH. I think Mac could have done it. I also think Rowett could do it. However he stands next to no bloody chance if he's sacked after the first poor run of results. 

6 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I wouldn't be averse to that, is your source reliable ?

No just look at his transfer itk and say no more. :lol:

5 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I don't see how you can know Mac wasn't capable TBH. I think Mac could have done it. I also think Rowett could do it. However he stands next to no bloody chance if he's sacked after the first poor run of results. 

First poor run of results?!?! That's a short memory

10 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Aw, that's a shame, I was thinking that would be quite a shrewd and progressive move. Oh well. 

That's what I was told @EastHertsRam this evening. Ignore Del, he just looks to shoot everybody down at the first opportunity.

I also didn't say it was nailed on, I just asked if anybody else had heard!

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

That's what I was told @EastHertsRam this evening. Ignore Del, he just looks to shoot everybody down at the first opportunity.

I also didn't say it was nailed on, I just asked if anybody else had heard!

You could have stopped at ignore DEL :lol:

1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

Having managed football teams for neigh on 15 years it is something you can smell, feel, body language, you can just tell that the extra 5% is not being given. Fine when things are going well all the players are hungry as in McClarens first stint and the management is easy..

But when it goes pear shaped, aka the latter stages of his first stint, and in the latter stages during this spell he was unable to engender or motivate that required team spirit and commitment. In a sense the players have lost faith in him and will not deliver that so important extra 5%.

I could smell it and feel it which is why I know, (apologies if that sounds arrogant) he wasn’t capable and were never going to move forward with him.

I was at Burton/Forest on Saturday and believe me I could smell and fell commitment and endeavour from every single Burton player who was prepared to die for the cause. Wasn’t pretty but boy the belief was there.

Rowett I believe is capable of instilling the same commitment from his players.

1 minute ago, CumbrianRam said:

Key point, will Mel let him or even give him the time to do this, words mean nothing, Actions speak louder.

Agree, forward momentum and positive results should at least give him a couple years.....hopefully!

Archived