Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bit of a contradiction, you want Mel to let the manager manage but also you want him to look at the players.

If the players are the problem it should be the manager that recommends they are transfer listed, the fact that only Martin has been shipped out indicates the manager had no problem with other players or was not strong enough to do anything about it?

I wanted Mel to realise the problems are on the pitch not off it, if Mel he did then we would not be going through 5 managers in 2 years.

Mac identifed there was going  large cull of players going this summer, until player power raised it's ugly head again, didn't it happen also whilst Pearson was in charge.

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Taken time to think about this rather than my usual hot headed response which would probably have led to numerous arguments and a ban!

I actually think that Mel has made the correct decision.

I don't base that on anything to do with the footballing side of matters but if the Chairman had his doubts and could not give his full backing then now was the right time to make the change.

Seeing the statement put out last night mentioning 'team unity and morale' shows something was definitely amiss and I think the body language of some players showed this. In particular Johnny Russell and Will Hughes.

I wonder how much of an effect the tinkering for the FA Cup had on players? It also must be baffling to go from the subs bench one week, to starting the next week to being out of the squad the next.

I have my reservations over appointing Rowett but will not say I am set against it.

By now any potential manager must know what Mel expects in terms of football so it's not like Rowett would be going into the job blind.

Hopefully the rest of the season will be used to find out who really wants to be part of the club and who is here for the ride.

Top analysis of the whole situation and a sensible one at that. It's easy to slate Mel for some of his decisions but sometimes you need to put yourself in his shoes and think what you would actually do . It's obvious in his mind he's doing the right thing for the club.

5 hours ago, Kernow said:

Obviously not proven, but I've read that squad overhauls were planned by both Pearson and McClaren and player power ultimately had an impact on both sackings. I'm not sure how true that is, but I do hope Mel agrees that the squad does need some serious work.

The problem with Pearson's overhaul was that it wasn't necessary and it began too late, which ultimately was the streak of piss on Clements' transfer turd. 

Wassall showed that we still could just about get a cohesive XI out there and all that was needed was a clear out of expensive fringe players. This was when McClaren should have been appointed. 

Pearson's overhaul wasn't necessary at the time but if he was absolutely going to do it he should have started in May, not August. He left himself with so little time to rebuild that he sold enough players to break the old system whilst signing too few players to make another work. 

Pearson should have been appointed in February 2016 or now (assuming another pair of managers would cause things to pan out the same); when he'd have had time to plan the overhaul. McClaren should have been appointed last May. 

8 hours ago, Pearson said:

Having managed football teams for neigh on 15 years it is something you can smell, feel, body language, you can just tell that the extra 5% is not being given. Fine when things are going well all the players are hungry as in McClarens first stint and the management is easy..

But when it goes pear shaped, aka the latter stages of his first stint, and in the latter stages during this spell he was unable to engender or motivate that required team spirit and commitment. In a sense the players have lost faith in him and will not deliver that so important extra 5%.

I could smell it and feel it which is why I know, (apologies if that sounds arrogant) he wasn’t capable and were never going to move forward with him.

I was at Burton/Forest on Saturday and believe me I could smell and fell commitment and endeavour from every single Burton player who was prepared to die for the cause. Wasn’t pretty but boy the belief was there.

Rowett I believe is capable of instilling the same commitment from his players.

Hope you're right mate. I'm reasonably confident IF he's given time.

10 hours ago, Pearson said:

Having managed football teams for neigh on 15 years it is something you can smell, feel, body language, you can just tell that the extra 5% is not being given. Fine when things are going well all the players are hungry as in McClarens first stint and the management is easy..

But when it goes pear shaped, aka the latter stages of his first stint, and in the latter stages during this spell he was unable to engender or motivate that required team spirit and commitment. In a sense the players have lost faith in him and will not deliver that so important extra 5%.

I could smell it and feel it which is why I know, (apologies if that sounds arrogant) he wasn’t capable and were never going to move forward with him.

I was at Burton/Forest on Saturday and believe me I could smell and fell commitment and endeavour from every single Burton player who was prepared to die for the cause. Wasn’t pretty but boy the belief was there.

Rowett I believe is capable of instilling the same commitment from his players.

With all this smelling,feeling and detecting body language.

You could get a job as a guide dog  LOL :lol:

23 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

I woke up from a nightmare during the night.... 

It was the year 2025 and Stevie Mac was still manager of Derby County, giving a post match interview after a one nil home defeat to Ssausagehorpe saying a massive amount of work still needed to be done .:(

I didn't wake up from my nightmare during the night.......I'm just a ghost that has seen it all before.

In the year 2525, Stevie Mac will still be alive, with the same tuft, same coaching methods and same outcome and as a pundit will be telling us how wonderful England are, before Iceland, Pizza Hut & Nando's have knocked them out.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I didn't wake up from my nightmare during the night.......I'm just a ghost that has seen it all before.

In the year 2525, Stevie Mac will still be alive, with the same tuft, same coaching methods and same outcome and as a pundit will be telling us how wonderful England are, before Iceland, Pizza Hut & Nando's have knocked them out.

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

Gosh not heard that song for ages .... 

Stevie Mac belongs along side Paul Jewell and Ian Dowie in SKY PUNDIT land ... 

18 hours ago, Kernow said:

I think that's exactly what Mel believes though. We got in to the top six and slipping away from the pack has resulted in the axe being wielded again. Mac has essentially dug his own grave by performing so well when he first came in around 5 months ago.

You could say he failed to push on having a transfer window in there as well.

hang on, all this criticism of McClaren is shocking. He has earned more respect and if you cannot give it, then it says more about your ignorance as a football "fan" than him.

This is the man that single handedly bought smiles back to Derby fans faces and without him, we'd be happy with a 1-0 defeat away from home and a hardworking draw at home, as long as we beat Forest and Leeds and don't get relegated!

Pretty sure McClaren has just saved us from relegation (if Clough is given the same credit).

13 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Top analysis of the whole situation and a sensible one at that. It's easy to slate Mel for some of his decisions but sometimes you need to put yourself in his shoes and think what you would actually do . It's obvious in his mind he's doing the right thing for the club.

think  your right the fa cup run didnt do us any favours we looked a well balanced side up and till then and we had some good results then we seemed  really disjointed

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

hang on, all this criticism of McClaren is shocking. He has earned more respect and if you cannot give it, then it says more about your ignorance as a football "fan" than him.

This is the man that single handedly bought smiles back to Derby fans faces and without him, we'd be happy with a 1-0 defeat away from home and a hardworking draw at home, as long as we beat Forest and Leeds and don't get relegated!

Pretty sure McClaren has just saved us from relegation (if Clough is given the same credit).

Was it single handedly? Is that not disrespectful to Simmo and Steele? 

Is there any coincidence that without Simmo here the attack minded approach showed in the first stint had all but disappeared?

3 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Surely you can list his qualities again, there can't be that many surely with the amount of stick he gets.

I've said on numerous occasions that he possesses all of the physical attributes required. He has pace, fitness, great injury record (until now), stamina, he can pass, he CAN jump, he CAN slide/block/tackle. He CAN do everything needed.

In terms of attitude, on the pitch, he clearly is committed, he's above everyone else for endeavour more often than not.

I've leave his failings for another post.

Archived