Is Our Will OK?

Wolfie20

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I think he's not been right since he had a knock against Leicester.

I think you're right - he's looking like he's carrying an injury and he's also trying too hard to compensate for the lack of creativity from the rest of the team.....needs a break, but we can't afford to leave him out as no one else is stepping up....

53 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't think he's been at it all season, just as inconsistent as Hendrick ever was. Slow progress at the mo, despite the years and years of hype.

The team's not been settled for sure but I expected more from him personally. 

He's not been his amazing self recently but that statement is rubbish and you know it.

He's been poor recently. And I don't want to make excuses for that because when people are knocking others I don't see any excuses. This last month has seen games where you're hoping he grabs it by the scruff of the neck. But he's looked well off his game. It happens.

Every player has bad spells, even the best players. I won't be hammering them. Unless a player shows blatant lack of effort I see little point berating them. 

He's been poor all season for me. Nowhere near the best player in the league like some have said. He's half the player without Thorne in there, although that can be said with a lot of our players. Maybe it's psychological because he knows he can concentrate on being creative when Thorne's there as he knows he covers him.

When he's not there the difference is huge.

played well v leicester.

probably is carrying an injury. We suddenly seem short of midfielders so maybe he has to play.

Came back well from his ACL

great player.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Think he's fine, not a lot he can do when the striker is static and there's 10 men in the box, he's not standing out but it's difficult to do when we're not in form, same with Ince. But equally neither are playing poorly, both doing there jobs as well as they can 

I read the Villa forum after the match and someone there was saying that WH was the easily the best player on the pitch. We've gotten used to his constant magic so much so that if he isn't fantastic to we who regularly see him, then he's sort of poor in our eyes. 

Archived