Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We should have kicked on from 10 games undefeated?

How many other teams in the division have had unbeaten runs that long?

Was you expecting us to go the rest of the season undefeated?

Not really sure what this silly 'SAINT STEVE' rubbish is all about?

Ten games undefeated against who ? And when ? 

When the really BIG games arrive SAINT STEVE is AWOL .... 

The SAINT STEVE is because of posters like you ..... 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GerryDaly said:

Leeds and Norwich and Sheffield weds in those 10 games. Given where those teams are now, they'd have been big games, no?

The inconsistencies are infuriating. We have proven we can turn up. But equally we have proven we can implode unexpectedly.

The fact that mclaren is as nonplussed by some of our performances as I am bothers me I'll be honest. Does he really understand these players?

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

The inconsistencies are infuriating. We have proven we can turn up. But equally we have proven we can implode unexpectedly.

The fact that mclaren is as nonplussed by some of our performances as I am bothers me I'll be honest. Does he really understand these players?

He can't deal with the inconsistencies, that's down to the players surely?

16 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

You're embarrassing yourself.

Even during the good run, McClaren was careful to play things down, saying not to get carried away and take things a game at a time.

Unfortunately, a lot of fans decided to ignore that and get carried away, that is how we end up with silly reactions like we are seeing now.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Leeds and Norwich and Sheffield weds in those 10 games. Given where those teams are now, they'd have been big games, no?

Leeds and Norwich we scraped .. scraped .. home wins if  I remember.. .. and we always beat Wednesday at PP .. 

I think Steve got lucky on that run ... meeting clubs at the right time ... 

My point remains ... 

If the season had started on say Decemeber 25th ... where we were sitting in the table and with our run of fixtures coming up ... I would've taken it and taken us for the play offs ...... 

Steve has found yet another way to balls it up.

14 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Big game we beat Wednesday Leeds Norwich Reading. Hardly AWOL. Also I don't understand these saint Steve thingy? 

Let me tell you this 10 games unbeaten run 

Sheffield Wednesday(H) 2-0 

Wolves (A) 2-3 

Rotherham (H) 3-0 

Norwich (H) 1-0 

Wigan (A) 0-1 

Forest (H) 3-0 

QPR (A) 0-1 

Fulham (A) 2-2 

Birmingham (H) 1-0 

Wigan (H) 0-0 

?

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Big game we beat Wednesday Leeds Norwich Reading. Hardly AWOL. Also I don't understand these saint Steve thingy? 

Let me tell you this 10 games unbeaten run 

Sheffield Wednesday(H) 2-0 

Wolves (A) 2-3 

Rotherham (H) 3-0 

Norwich (H) 1-0 

Wigan (A) 0-1 

Forest (H) 3-0 

QPR (A) 0-1 

Fulham (A) 2-2 

Birmingham (H) 1-0 

Wigan (H) 0-0 

?

well SAINT STEVE can do what he wants for as long as he wants at DCFC on the back of that massive run :p

In a strange way a mid table finish will do us good. It's a reality check. 13/14 convinced a lot of people that we were a Prem team. I think there has been around the club a sort of undeserved entitlement. What has happened since has been glossed over by management changes, panic buys when Hughsey and Bryson got injured along with a lack of consistency that has been there all along. I doubt there is a team that can play with such evident quality one week and look lethargic and average the next. Where we finish this year will be a truthful statement of how good we are .. The relevance of a poor start is secondary after that storming run when Mac came back.

we are where we are on merit .. Players need to look hard at themselves and Mac needs to rebuild the core of the team. It won't be a turn the clock back. Times have changed as have players. Let's experiment for the rest of the season, learn and then sort the recruitment out. 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

TBF, Mcclaren having a whole summer to sort this squad out actually fills me more with worry than anything else :lol:

The same Mcclaren/Evans combination who brought in Leon pissin Best to act has the Martin cover? Lee Naylor anyone? What about good ol' Shott's? Is Ssewankambo still around? Whitbread, Warnock, Albentosa.. :lol:

I really won't be too excited about the summer "sorting it out"  with these lot recruiting, shambolic if past experience is to go by.

Whitbread was a Nigel Clough signing, we just sacked Clough as the deal was complete.

Warnock was a good signing at the right time, he just had a terrible start to his Derby career and couldn't recover.

Albentosa is a La Liga player and scored against Real Madrid last season, he just couldn't play in our system.

Lee Naylor and Leon Best were totally underrated (ok they were god awful really).

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Whitbread was a Nigel Clough signing, we just sacked Clough as the deal was complete.

Warnock was a good signing at the right time, he just had a terrible start to his Derby career and couldn't recover.

Albentosa is a La Liga player and scored against Real Madrid last season, he just couldn't play in our system.

Lee Naylor and Leon Best were totally underrated (ok they were god awful really).

Whitbread was.actually Sam Rush signing. 

CRISIS??????????

Crisis is when you are on the edge of going out of going out of  business

Crisis is when you are on the edge of relegation

Crisis is when youve won the premiership one year and sacking your manager the next

As none of these applies to the Rams then NO we arent in crisis

Have we got a hard core of negative fans YES  you bet

This coming closed season is probably one of the most important that we have faced for many a year

Steve has a massive job moulding/creating HIS team rather than trying to manage a team where most of the players were signed by the 2 previous manages 

Why does Will Hughes escape any criticism whatsoever, whilst all around him get slammed. He's been garbage for the last half dozen games but it seems Johnson, Bryson, Russel, Butterfield etc.. get picked up on every mis-placed, sidewards, backwards, upwards or downwards pass that doesn't meet with the fans approval. Particularly the latter on this list who has for me has been the best of an indifferent midfield. MOM against Burton for example, and wrongly subbed against Villa. Me thinks rose coloured specs where WH is involved. Will Hughes ever do wrong in a Derby shirt??? .....see what I did there?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He can't deal with the inconsistencies, that's down to the players surely?

I didn't explain my thought very well.

Clearly there will be a whole number of factors that affect a players performance on any given day. I think the management team need to be close enough to the players to be able to detect any adverse change that might affect their performance. 

Leicester were using psychologists last season who used all sorts of techniques to make sure players were optimally ready on match day.

If manager was armed with that data then they can make adjustments to the team. Sure they can't be mind readers but anything that can increase your chance of putting out a winning team has to be worth considering. 

To The Arch Deacon

Agree with your assessment of Butterfield, particularly in the last 3 or 4 games but are you saying that those negative, sniping so-called fans who have been so quick to criticise and pan the likes of Russell, Johnson & Bryson should now focus their vitriol on Will Hughes?

Maybe, just maybe, instead of criticising we should try a little bit of support - you never know but it might help but then that would go against the grain for those posters who seem to have vendettas against some of our players.

Not a dig at you by the way.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can't help but think some of them aren't fit or playing carrying injury.

Think that's bang on.

Last time I think we looked a really fit side in 13-14.  Cloughies last pre season.

Since then we seemingly collectively run out of steam and pick up niggly injuries. Mac was also not so hot on managing players back from injury eg George Thorne in early 2015. 

Archived