Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have liked to see a less changed line up, but still they are all players who believe they are worthy of a place in a normal match day line up so hopefully they can go and prove they are.

Just now, Tony Le Mesmer said:

It's Millwall in the next round. Great chance to get through to the latter stages. Not overly enamoured by this team selection. Could be a great chance wasted. We'll see. COYR

Our squad's taken an absolute beating. Any more injuries to first teamers and this wouldn't be far off our starting line up in the next league game.

Good to see Lowe back - are we taking bets how long he lasts before he gets injured again?

Don't really like that we are playing a weakened side though - Steve said FA cup games help to build momentum - not if you change half the team Steve!

Our goalscorer isn't playing I see - real chance for Blackman to do something for us for a change.

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

It's Millwall in the next round. Great chance to get through to the latter stages. Not overly enamoured by this team selection. Could be a great chance wasted. We'll see. COYR

I'm with you Tony, hopefully I'm wrong but too many changes for me. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Our squad's taken an absolute beating. Any more injuries to first teamers and this wouldn't be far off our starting line up in the next league game.

Of the starting 11 today I would say only Keogh, Johnson, Butterfield, Camara and maybe Max Lowe would be first team usually - still half the team changed.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I guess you're right SR. Still, the ones coming in need to take this chance or it could be an exit tonight,  

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Agreed. If i was boss, I would go for it in the cup games, and if need be put out a weakened team in one of the league games.

Im particularly disappointed with his defensive selections.

Whether Johnny is injured or not, Anya and Camera deserve to start.

Midfield our hand is forced a bit with no bryson, or hughes due to injury.

The sooner we have a football league (with an extra division if need be) with no more than 20 teams in each division, the better.  Would mean the FA Cup wouldnt get so devalued by the clubs

Find me any professional league in any european country other than england with more than 20 clubs in it, then maybe i would stop moaning.

Archived