Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

So, even though it's a weakened team, we still have:

Christie - first choice at times

Lowe - very well regarded coming back from injury

Keogh - capn fantastic me hearties

Shacks - the main man last season

Johnson and butters - ten million quids worth of respectable championship player

De Sart - highly rated youth

Anya - Scottish international

Camara - fastest man in the league

Blackman - requested by name by Paul Clement (and he coached some fine players)

So, not that bad really,

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, even though it's a weakened team, we still have:

Christie - first choice at times

Lowe - very well regarded coming back from injury

Keogh - capn fantastic me hearties

Shacks - the main man last season

Johnson and butters - ten million quids worth of respectable championship player

De Sart - highly rated youth

Anya - Scottish international

Camara - fastest man in the league

Blackman - requested by name by Paul Clement (and he coached some fine players)

So, not that bad really,

But can they work as a team, we'll see.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Of the starting 11 today I would say only Keogh, Johnson, Butterfield, Camara and maybe Max Lowe would be first team usually - still half the team changed.

Christie should be competing for first team, even if Baird's done well. Shackell will be constantly in the ear of management saying he should be starting. 

I'm just saying, with the injuries we have this really isn't that far off a first team and if we played our "normal" first team, and any of them got injured, we'd be looking at a team very similar to this in the league.

It's not like we're playing youth. Every player out there thinks they should be starting regularly for us. With the exception of Mitchell, who I reckon still thinks he could do a job. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be honest, i still think we'll be comfortably beat tonight (thought that for a while)

Just hope it doesn't kick start fester's season.

How could it?

Few of the players they play in the league are playing, so theyre not going to gain any confidence in themselves or Ranieri

Jeez get a grip, criticise the line up after the game. Right decision by Mac to rotate. Any more injuries could end our season. This way the likes of Christie and Lowe get minutes to help their fitness. Both will be vital players come the end of the season. Bent has been struggling for a while and looked knackered on Saturday as did Ince. 

Mac's on a bit of a hiding to nothing here. Yes, it's a weakened side but if we were leggy on Saturday and ended up dropping points having had a tough game tonight, there'd be folk sharpening pitchforks left right and centre.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a few of the lads back - Christie and Lowe have opportunities to stake a claim tonight, Razza gets another start as he approaches full fitness and Blackman gets to play the central role so many believe he needs in order for him to show the form of his last season at Reading. It could go properly Pete Tong but it might also prove a McClaren masterstroke, who knows?

Besides, I've had a cheeky treble on Lyon, Dortmund and Derby at 8/1 so we've no feckin chance anyway!

Interesting selection seems the Mac doesn't rate our 8million man vydra if he picks a coming back to fitness Blackman over him.

Glad Mitchell's got a game looks a good keeper in the making 2 attacking full backs make a welcome change only doubt is not much creativity in the middle of the park.

but come on Derby let's have them foxes running scared :) 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Mac's on a bit of a hiding to nothing here. Yes, it's a weakened side but if we were leggy on Saturday and ended up dropping points having had a tough game tonight, there'd be folk sharpening pitchforks left right and centre.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a few of the lads back - Christie and Lowe have opportunities to stake a claim tonight, Razza gets another start as he approaches full fitness and Blackman gets to play the central role so many believe he needs in order for him to show the form of his last season at Reading. It could go properly Pete Tong but it might also prove a McClaren masterstroke, who knows?

Besides, I've had a cheeky treble on Lyon, Dortmund and Derby at 8/1 so we've no feckin chance anyway!

I agree. The scousers fielded a weakened side v Wolves but so did Wolves and Wolves still won. It can be done. I just think chucking Mitchell in is an error, Camara needs to do more than just run fast which i'm confident he can, Blackman is the selection i'm most concerned about as he could go missing or then again he could be a star. It will certainly be interesting but I feel those coming into the side need to take this chance. /

Archived