Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett said he wanted more pace and power in his team, trying to think of some bulldozing CMs out there. Dale Stephens would be nice even though that'd never happen. McDonald from Fulham always looks a big strapping CM. Philip Billing add a bit more pace. John Swift and Liam Kelly Reading FC? 

Aaron mooy looked nothing special for hudders

I wouldn't be surprised if we went for dan burn or mark beevers in defence.

7 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Rowett said he wanted more pace and power in his team, trying to think of some bulldozing CMs out there. Dale Stephens would be nice even though that'd never happen. McDonald from Fulham always looks a big strapping CM. Philip Billing add a bit more pace. John Swift and Liam Kelly Reading FC? 

The problem is you're naming midfielders who have been performing well in our division. We've tried buying average players for a premium before. I'm sure there are players out there either low on form or playing in less prestigious leagues that will cost half/quarter of the price of some of those. 

Suggestions are probably along the right lines though, Rowett said we need to get stronger, more pace and mentality (which is the biggest one for me!)

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

The problem is you're naming midfielders who have been performing well in our division. We've tried buying average players for a premium before. I'm sure there are players out there either low on form or playing in less prestigious leagues that will cost half/quarter of the price of some of those. 

Suggestions are probably along the right lines though, Rowett said we need to get stronger, more pace and mentality (which is the biggest one for me!)

Leadbitter from boro would be a good option and fit the criteria. 

Can see Jota being mentioned a lot but I doubt it would happen as those PL offers will still be there, no doubt options to return to Spain as well.

"However the day has arrived where we have to go our separate ways and as you know I will leave to continue my footballing career in my native Spain.

"This isn't goodbye but more of a see you later or 'hasta luego' as we say in Spain because I have just extended my contract with Brentford for another year.

"My decision is based solely on personal circumstances and for that reason I will spend the next 18 months at home in Spain.

"During my time in England I have had offers from the Premier League as well as other foreign leagues, but I have always rejected these due to my commitment to Brentford and I would like people to know that if it wasn't for my personal circumstances I wouldn't be going anywhere."

Someone with very good sources at the club has told me about a couple of players we're looking at for the summer. I'm pleased with both of them and have been watching those YouTube compilation videos for one. He's an impressive young winger from overseas and exactly the right profile of player we should be looking at bringing in: skillful, great finisher, strong and pacey.

That said, I never watched the Conor Sammon videos and perhaps they were similar? Even so, I like the cut of this young man's jib. He'll get fans off their seats.

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Someone with very good sources at the club has told me about a couple of players we're looking at for the summer. I'm pleased with both of them and have been watching those YouTube compilation videos for one. He's an impressive young winger from overseas and exactly the right profile of player we should be looking at bringing in: skillful, great finisher, strong and pacey.

That said, I never watched the Conor Sammon videos and perhaps they were similar? Even so, I like the cut of this young man's jib. He'll get fans off their seats.

Sounds promising. If you fancy sharing by pm you can trust me to keep quiet.

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What position does the other one play?

Archived