Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Gradel has told BBC Sport he wants to leave Premier League side Bournemouth, he must be worth considering if the price is right. Has experience of promotion and importantly sounds like he has a point to prove as he obviously feels he's being undervalued. 

Players who've got across the line (in whatever league) and players with a point to prove could certainly be a priority if GR is looking at a big overhaul and rebuild with a new mentality. 

For those wanting Jason Cummings in the summer have a look on Twitter today at #cumdog

He might have a career change to the WWF in the offing. 

For those wandering where Grant Holt was playing now, he is the referee. 

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Diagourara, get him in, wasting his time time at Leeds and having spent time at Ipswich, his value can only have gone down.

Smashing backup for Thorne, and by backup i mean 25+ games a season.

Always rated him, but seems to have declined in the past season in terms of choice. We should of got Bridcutt when we had the chance!

1 minute ago, MauritianMonsta said:

Always rated him, but seems to have declined in the past season in terms of choice. We should of got Bridcutt when we had the chance!

Maybe one of those players who looks good for a small period of time in a certain set up?

It's hard to find a better player than Thorne though, but not so hard to find a fitter one, unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Maybe one of those players who looks good for a small period of time in a certain set up?

It's hard to find a better player than Thorne though, but not so hard to find a fitter one, unfortunately.

For sure, interested to see who the defensive mid we are looking at is

I think this guy will be  a definate transfer target.......

gary rowett previously had him on loan at Birmingham - this video seems to be clips of him playing for brum.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think this guy will be  a definate transfer target.......

gary rowett previously had him on loan at Birmingham - this video seems to be clips of him playing for brum.

Id agree that Toral could be a realistic target,  he was class for Rowett whilst at Birmingham. Im not sure if they tried to get him back for a 2nd season though?  Either way I'm not sure he has been as successful for Rangers this season. 

He would certainly fit the need for more guile and creativity,  but Rowett didn't mention this the other day. 

Also a player of this ilk would potentially see hughes playing in a deeper role, which isn't necessarily a bad thing anyway. 

If the price was right Id be surprised if we weren't interested.

Think a couple of fringe Newcastle players will more than likely be available in the summer. 

Daryl Murphy- Getting on but does a job in this league

Grant Hanley- Personally don't rate him but he seems to be quite sought after

Issac Hayden- Potentially on loan, can't see him getting in the team ahead of the options they already have and ones they'll need to sign when they go up. 

Grant Hanley, Tarkowski and Flint would be my CB targets.

Watkins and Irvine in the central midfield areas. Maybe a holding mid but not sure who.

Jota and Toral would be nice as options behind the striker, but not sure there's much chance of them.

Archived