Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

Eunan o'kane

defensive centre mid

outstanding for leeds at pride park but has had to compete with bridcutt and others and could be a realistic target.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont get the flint love in. sure hes good in the air, but that doesnt mean hes a good defender.

otherwise players like puyol and mascherano wouldnt have made it as world class centre backs

plus one tall centre back isnt the solution for our conceding so many set peice goals, its the entirety of all our players in the box's responsibility

15 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Vow.

Mr. Rowett should read little bit about prejudice and stereotyping. Sounds simply horrible, I really wish that sentence is taken out of context, because such attitude is something I cannot understand.

I think it was more a general we won't be prominently searching for that sort of player. I am sure if a player from the prem who was coming to the end of his career was to want to play for us who had the right attitude and ability, like Ian Taylor a few years ago, then Rowett won't say no.

13 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Jota contract runs out in 2018. Just saying.

I think we should make him or Brentford an offer they can't refuse if I were Gary he would be the top target hard worker has skill and most importantly scores goals also still only 25.

11 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

I dont get the flint love in. sure hes good in the air, but that doesnt mean hes a good defender.

otherwise players like puyol and mascherano wouldnt have made it as world class centre backs

plus one tall centre back isnt the solution for our conceding so many set peice goals, its the entirety of all our players in the box's responsibility

I agree he's hardly been immense for Bristol I think I'd rather have Rawson in defence 

12 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

I'd go further and say our real problem is how often our wide players (defenders and attackers) allow crosses to come into the box. Reduce the frequency and we'll reduce the number of goals we concede.

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'd go further and say our real problem is how often our wide players (defenders and attackers) allow crosses to come into the box. Reduce the frequency and we'll reduce the number of goals we concede.

I agree and will add if Carson increases the amount of time he comes off the line to deal with a cross we might concede less.

1 hour ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Anyone thinking we'll be looking at bringing in Lucas jutkiewicz in from brum cause didn't rowett bring him in at the start of the season when they were doing quite well ?

12 goals in 38 appearances in an average side ain't bad going I'd say.

LJ signed permanently in January transfer. So can't see this happening to us

Got a feeling GR will be looking at bringing in MIchael Morrison. Leader and steady player although never really stood out when I've seen him play. The Dutch CM at Birmingham would be a decent signing and young Che Adams would be a steal if we could bring him to the club. Of course, all depends on what league there are going to be in and who the manager will be at the season end 

Archived