Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

2 hours ago, TopRam said:

Russell has been awful again

Was you even at the game?? He was fantastic Today and saved Reading scoring other goal... He shut you up today!!!! 

SUPER JOHNNY RUSSELL 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell played well today. Hughes must have superglue on his boots. Bent needs service. He is a proper finisher and did as well as he could on his own. Olsson has no right foot but looked pretty good...we miss Forsyth for overlapping runs.

Bryson played well when we were on top but the match bypassed him in the first half I thought. 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Are you being serious or? 

It is so embarrassing From him tbf. Russell was fantastic today (he STOPPED READING SCORING) JOHNNY IS A LEGEND END OFF. ??????

Really enjoyed today's game, great entertainment, and a shout out for Johnny Russell, who was excellent today never stopped working, hope he is still a ram at the end of the transfer window, I am sure he will be. Also a mention to Mr Ince and  Mr Hughes who also had very good games. Roll on Friday night, can not wait to play Leicester now.

Massive shout out to my brilliant mate who time wasting at the end :lol: take a bow sir, he threw the ball to our crowds rather than give it to Raading player :lol: MOTM for me is my mate (for time wasting at the end) :D what do you think @Alan Ramage 4 EVA:whistle: 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Massive shout out to my brilliant mate who time wasting at the end :lol: take a bow sir, he threw the ball to our crowds rather than give it to Raading player :lol: MOTM for me is my mate (for time wasting at the end) :D what do you think @Alan Ramage 4 EVA:whistle: 

Apparently that was decisive cheating that robbed reading of their equalizer... Incompetent ref only adding another three minutes......

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apparently that was decisive cheating that robbed reading of their equalizer... Incompetent ref only adding another three minutes......

Nonsense thing I've heard. I seen some on Twitter lolololol :lol: 

Phew !

Dear DCFC 1st team 

on a technical note please be aware that football games are played over 90 minutes. The first 25 mins are NOT a warm up while you stretch your legs and analyse how good the opposition are. ( quite good in this instance. Full of vigour, hunger skill and hard graft ) it is not advisable to let them have the ball for most of the time and walk through you. M. Ollson your job was to mark their player on the right flank and prevent him crossing. Standing 5 yards off him and suddenly realising that it might be a good idea to put a challenge in when he has already crossed the ball isn't really good enough, but you are forgiven for some cracking offensive play and some excellent crossing of your own. 

Yours sincerely...  A Fan

when we got a break with DB's finish (cunningly using The little known Todger finish ) it seems the fire got lit and we started to compete. 

Didnt win enough second balls throughout the game but until the farce of the last 5 mins and added time we spent about an hour being the better side.

JR spirited play, if your touch was a tad cleaner you could be a very hot property. Chill super Johnny 

Bryson - better game but he really only did anything for about 30 minutes, the rest of the time he chased shadows. When he was gritty we saw flashes of the old Bryso .. Peachy pass to Ince for his goal after Hughsey won the ball.

Hughes + Ince .. It's worth the ticket money just to watch those two play football. Both are skilled committed and give everything.. They played at full throttle  for the full 98 minutes unlike some who didn't wake up until half an hour had passed. 

Bent .. Good man, right place right time but the killer acceleration is gone. Fear his knowledge and wiles but not his power and pace. Nugent should hopefully give us options 

De Saart .. Promising, made a few errors, needs strength but can pass and moves the ball quickly which is a much needed addition. He has vision ... I would leave him in this role and get Johnno back to give Will some help in the muscle department Too much was all on Will today .. Creator and enforcer 

Keogh Pearce Baird .. Solid, good job against a strong team. Keogh you are a captain and lead by example great "pass" to Daz, fooled everyone 

Carson .. If he could only get the ball out quicker he'd be perfect. 

Ref .. Oh dear, bad day at the office 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Well they suddenly stopped time wasting didn't they? 

I thought we were just going to keep playing until Reading scored. Even forced to throw the ball back to them after another terrible Al Habsi pass.

Reminded me of Sheffield Wednesday. Quite pretty passing but we just sat in and then saw them off. 

The only pressure came from constant free kicks really. 

Knew their corner was going to end in a goal. Saw the panic as Bryson and Co saw a free man just a second before the corner was being taken. 

Don't think Bent was lucky with the finish. He may not have struck the ball but he knew how to steer it in. 

Strange that once we went in front they never had an injury. The throw ins were sped up 10 fold and the goal kicks were becoming like goal line clearances. 

What a great game, two good sides, goals and a really bad ref to help make it a bit different. Desperately need a CF who can hold the ball up though, thought Bent did ok but we won't go up with him as our number 9 (IMO). 

1 hour ago, Davide said:

Bryson played well when we were on top but the match bypassed him in the first half I thought. 

I was getting ready to have a moan about Bryson's legs having gone after half an hour, but I thought he improved massively and was a huge reason why we were able to wrest control of the game away from Reading.

Lovely Eustace-esque yellow towards the end of the game too.

4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Strange that once we went in front they never had an injury. The throw ins were sped up 10 fold and the goal kicks were becoming like goal line clearances. 

I got a massive dose of shadenfreude from the fact that our second came from them prating around with the ball at the back for the umpteenth time.

I wouldn't normally condone our fans keeping the ball, but I don't care seeing as they spent the entirety of the first 45 time wasting and the ref only added 3, yet somehow managed to find 6 after a fairly frenetic second half.

Archived