Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

28 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Check all of my post 95% of the time I've tried to be positive but getting my opinion out about Russell and the fact that 99% off people love him is hard, people are blinded by what he's done in the past but cmon on 1 goal 0 assist all season that is dreadful 

Surely all this is irrelevant to your original comment - and the one most people have criticised - which is that he had a bad game TODAY.  What does his goal and assist record for the rest of the season matter to how he played today? You can still think he's rubbish generally and accept he played well today... or think he's brilliant and had a poor season so far. 

Opinions are allowed to ebb and flow with context.... nobody is going to assume you love him or are a hypocrite for suggesting that he was OK today.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Thank you one person who actually lets me have my opinion and one that many others agree with theirs been a lot of other opinions a lot worse than mine, not many people on here let you have your own opinion and gang up 

When did I say you couldn't have an opinion? I thought we were having a fair discussion. But if you think that I'm sorry

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Surely all this is irrelevant to your original comment - and the one most people have criticised - which is that he had a bad game TODAY.  What does his goal and assist record for the rest of the season matter to how he played today? You can still think he's rubbish generally and accept he played well today... or think he's brilliant and had a poor season so far. 

Opinions are allowed to ebb and flow with context.... nobody is going to assume you love him or are a hypocrite for suggesting that he was OK today.

I was getting abuse on Twitter saying I was proved wrong today? But I didn't see it at all i thought he was poor just my opinion 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

When did I say you couldn't have an opinion? I thought we were having a fair discussion. But if you think that I'm sorry

Not you mate some of the other comments I am trying to get rid of my account as my opinion is clearly not liked by many 

Just now, TopRam said:

Not you mate some of the other comments I am trying to get rid of my account as my opinion is clearly not liked by many 

Keep your account sir, ignore what other people have to say. It's your opinion at the end of the day. If I was bothered about people not agreeing with me, I'd have stopped using this forum 3 years ago. Different opinions is what makes this forum interesting. 

7 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Thank you one person who actually lets me have my opinion and one that many others agree with theirs been a lot of other opinions a lot worse than mine, not many people on here let you have your own opinion and gang up 

It's a dangerous world out there in football internetland, you get called a tit and bully out of nothing

Nowt wrong with yer own opinion, people may agree, some may disagree. That's all everyone has, just an opinion. 

Be reyt. Get posting.

Any probs, talk to the mod squad, they don't bite :) 

I would like to stress that as a character and a person I think Russell is top draw and seems a really passionate guy, yes today tonight I slagged him off to far and said a few stupid stuff, I am not a massive fan of him as a player now I have been but it just annoys me to see other players getting slagged off but not getting a proper chance? I'd love Russell to prove me wrong I really would bevsuse as a person he deserves it I just really think we can do better, the love I have for this club is crazy and now I'm looking forward to Newcastle away early train and a night out! which the team shouldn't change and Russell should stay in as camara can't defend as well but I do think I'd like someone better to come in! So my night over now sorry to anyone I annoyed with my comments but it's my opinion I took a little to far! 

29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was sure Anya had a goal?

Anyway, lack of goals is more than Russell this season.

So Topram hates Russell, he can if he likes. Holding and expressing an opinion is what makes a debate rather than a consensus.

It's fine him having an opinion, but branding people idiots and saying people who like Russell are 'up his arse' was never going to get a positive response.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's fine him having an opinion, but branding people idiots and saying people who like Russell are 'up his arse' was never going to get a positive response.

My fault mate I took it to far as my opinion people saying I was proved wrong slagging my opinion of got my going haha

8 minutes ago, TopRam said:

I would like to stress that as a character and a person I think Russell is top draw and seems a really passionate guy, yes today tonight I slagged him off to far and said a few stupid stuff, I am not a massive fan of him as a player now I have been but it just annoys me to see other players getting slagged off but not getting a proper chance? I'd love Russell to prove me wrong I really would bevsuse as a person he deserves it I just really think we can do better, the love I have for this club is crazy and now I'm looking forward to Newcastle away early train and a night out! which the team shouldn't change and Russell should stay in as camara can't defend as well but I do think I'd like someone better to come in! So my night over now sorry to anyone I annoyed with my comments but it's my opinion I took a little to far! 

Respect to you for admitting you took it too far, credit where credit is due.

12 hours ago, daib0 said:

Nope, my wife often despairs but twenty years on she still puts up with me! Actually, if I'm honest that match intro part is not my work any more, we've got a team doing responsibilities for different parts of the site and I handed MTs over to an enthusiastic youngster. I go more with inter-forum work and various games and comps. 

Back to the game, it's close to call but I think you are favourites. Most Royals fans will tell you we've been over-achieving.Can get found out against fast strikers (e.g. Newcastle 1-4, Fulham 0-5, Brentford 1-4), that's why the GD isn't very healthy. The best results for opponents have been where teams defend a fair bit further up the pitch; passing along the back line in front of our own penalty area is producing unwanted disasters!!

You are truly psychic!

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Darren Bent's meat and two veg has scored the same amount of goals as Nottingham Forest in January.

Radio derby implied he used his arm.

that sir is not his arm.

Archived