Derby County v Reading match day thread.

DEL

Strange game today. First 35 mins we were nowhere, from 35-80 mins we dominated, and the last portion of the game was just plain bizarre, from the ref, the fans in the south stand keeping the ball, the substitutions (which actually worked but still very unlike anything we've seen from McClaren before) but we deserved the win. 

Ince and Hughes (2nd half) different class. We saw Johnny's full repetoire of endeavour, cutting edge and frustrating lack of cutting edge today, but overall did well. He's not the answer for where we want to go but we certainly can't sell him unless we have a top quality replacement lined up.

Bryson was shocking until 20 mins before he went off. He was a bit more like it then, hopefully a sign of things to come and i think should keep his place for the next game. 

Thought we missed Bradley today. De Sart didn't do enough from a football sense and was a complete liability defensively. It was like watching a taller version of Omar Mascarell, although Mascarell at least got on the ball more. It's still too early to judge, but from watching Leeds game and today he's not the answer.

Vital win, still think we need to strengthen in midfield if we are to get top 6 and promotion. On today's performance though, there's no way Reading will stay there. They were shocking at times although in part due to an outstanding display of pressing by Derby in the second half.

Bring on the foxes!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proved in 90 minutes what we all knew...both that we aren't the finished article and that we're capable of giving anyone a game at this level.

Cracking entertainment. Well done lads.

Bryson had a spell mid way through the second half when it started to click for him. I'd persevere with him on Friday because if he can get his form going he gives us a dimension none of the other midfielders can. 

Big, big win today...

All hail Bent's bellend haha ( it came off his thigh I reckon lol)

Ref trying to make a name for himself..8 mins injury time! Giving them soft free kicks around our box...c***!

These free header's from corner's are becoming a worry...put unnecessary pressure on ourselves when the game should've been wrapped up at 3-1.

But can't complain... we're still in the mix for play off's.

Bring on Lestah..!

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think thats the point many were 50/50 tackles and thats all, although to be fair i am not even convinced there was much in the tackle in hughes towards the end that got their player sent off, likewise would like to see the ince yellow at the end too, looked 50/50 to me.

Pretty sure that Ince was booked for his dissent at the refs bad decision, bit of effing and Jeff in general I fancy!

2 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Big, big win today...

All hail Bent's bellend haha ( it came off his thigh I reckon lol)

Ref trying to make a name for himself..8 mins injury time! Giving them soft free kicks around our box...c***!

These free header's from corner's are becoming a worry...put unnecessary pressure on ourselves when the game should've been wrapped up at 3-1.

But can't complain... we're still in the mix for play off's.

Bring on Lestah..!

Difficult defending corners when you have Olssen, Bryson, De Sart, Hughes, Ince and Russell in your team, none of whom are going to win many in the air.

The other four have to mark usually the two central defenders and two forwards.

We miss Johnson and also Chris Martin, who couldn't win the ball upfront but always seemed to win it when defending.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Difficult defending corners when you have Olssen, Bryson, De Sart, Hughes, Ince and Russell in your team, none of whom are going to win many in the air.

We miss Johnson and also Chris Martin, who couldn't win the ball upfront but always seemed to win it when defending.

Plus they were using Sam Allardyce tactics to block carson.

All of their set pieces were built around blocking and "screen" style plays, more often seen in basketball timeout restarts.

their second goal was a result of a good ball in, a player making a front to back looped run with his marker being screened by other players to stop them tracking his run to enable him to get the free header.

a free header from a set piece isn't always the result of shocking marking. Yes it often is, but not always.

32 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Not seeing much mention of Marcus Olsson baby.

As unfashionable as he is, the fitness he showed getting up and down the left all game was remarkable considering he's only had one weeks training.

Good on you Marcus, Olsson, Baby.

You were at a different match than me,at fault for the first goal,he can only kick it the way hes looking.useless/hopeless. max lowe for left back if he can keep fit.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

No these players aren't going to win many headers but the least they can do is pick players up and put pressure on 'em...we seem to switch off at corner's sometimes.. allowing free header's is criminal when u you've just gone 3-1 and the game was won..

Still, Derby always do it the hard way..

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I'm struggling to think of a Reading chance minus their two goals a decent ball across the face of goal near the end. Unless pea rollers to Carson count as chances these days! 

"We've got the ball", their fans "chant". Well get better with it then, awful for our second 

Derby under Clement Reading are.

4 minutes ago, swiftur said:

You were at a different match than me,at fault for the first goal,he can only kick it the way hes looking.useless/hopeless. max lowe for left back if he can keep fit.

Way to go fella. Great to have such positive new additions to the forum :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Was you even at the game?? He was fantastic Today and saved Reading scoring other goal... He shut you up today!!!! 

SUPER JOHNNY RUSSELL 

Yes I was at the game stopped a goal same place as he missed a sitter? He was slow to everything your blinded like many others, not played well for ages next minute everyone loves him, scapegoat really? Keogh Baird and others will tell you what a scapegoat is not Russell who has 90% of idiots up his arse

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Slow to everything, apart from setting up our third goal and stopping one with a fantastic tackle at the other end :huh:

His work rate was terrific 

Setting up our third give over his cross went to Olson 

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Amazing you could tell that without even being at the game fella. Neat trick, that!

I was at the game? im deleting the account on here because it's pathetic People slag off Baird vydra Keogh plenty of others but don't see the real things Russell jogged most of the ******* game he's been **** all season comes back for 1 game we win it and he's the king again! He's **** end off 

Archived