A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, David said:

I see that Fawaz is the messiah again, jeeez, couple signings and the rest is forgotten. 

Says more about how incredibly fickle some of their fans are than it does about Fawaz. I know football fans all over the country go back and forth in their opinions but to go from a unanimous 'FAWAZ OUT' stance a couple of days ago to 'lets give him a chance' is pathetic.

Even if they got relegated to League 2 Fawaz will still be seen as the saviour to them.

Sign a few players on loan and get a win under your belt and all of a sudden they can challenge again? Look at Villa, almost complete overhaul of their midfield and will probably need the rest of this season to settle, and that's with a manager in place.

Fawaz will appoint someone and it will unravel again until they find their rhythm. 

One question i would be asking immediately as a forest fan. . . . where has he stumped up the funds for these deals? Mcormack rumored 30k a week. In his BBC interview he was moaning about Davros signing players on 30k a week. . .  so he then goes and signs a player on 30k a week. 

To me this stinks of Fawaz splashing the cash to ease the fans tensions against him, i honestly dont think he can afford them and has just done it to prove to the masses he is sticking to his "word" this time. I would not be at all surprised to see another embargo further down the line. 

Makes no sense to me.

Whilst the signings do seem reasonably good, how can a team straight out of an um bongo sign players for this much money and the fans just lap it up and forget everything?

Made me laugh that in the official site's story of Clough signing, they were trying to flog his player sponsorship haha

These may be individually good players, but as we've found through experience, it's better to recruit to a system, getting players in to fill holes within that system. What is forest's system? Without a permanent manager, do they even have a system to recruit to? How are these new players going to slot in? Are they good players for appearance sake, or is there a plan for them? Especially as he can only have 5 in a squad at any time. And who's plan is it? Gary Brazil's?

theoretcially, there should now be enough quality available to keep them up  but that's what teams like QPR thought in the prem. good players don't necessarily make a good team.

Also, the hypocrisy has just struck me that he expects patience from his fans while he builds his vision, but does not allow managers the same luxury. 

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

One question i would be asking immediately as a forest fan. . . . where has he stumped up the funds for these deals? Mcormack rumored 30k a week. In his BBC interview he was moaning about Davros signing players on 30k a week. . .  so he then goes and signs a player on 30k a week. 

To me this stinks of Fawaz splashing the cash to ease the fans tensions against him, i honestly dont think he can afford them and has just done it to prove to the masses he is sticking to his "word" this time. I would not be at all surprised to see another embargo further down the line. 

Give me an 'H'

Give me an 'M'

Give me an 'R'

Give me a 'C'

58 minutes ago, Srg said:

Makes no sense to me.

Whilst the signings do seem reasonably good, how can a team straight out of an um bongo sign players for this much money and the fans just lap it up and forget everything?

Made me laugh that in the official site's story of Clough signing, they were trying to flog his player sponsorship haha

I assume the Angela funds paid for the perms, so it'll just be a matter of time until Fawaz's piggy bank runs out of money to pay the wages and mccormacks pie bill - unless they're able to make use of all the stale ones left over from Andy Reid:lol:

49 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I assume the Angela funds paid for the perms, so it'll just be a matter of time until Fawaz's piggy bank runs out of money to pay the wages and mccormacks pie bill - unless they're able to make use of all the stale ones left over from Andy Reid:lol:

I think Greggs are still waiting for that bill to be paid.  It was last totaled at - £12,987,877.99

A spokesman deliveted the following club statement to adoring crowds outside the hallowed city ground with smog suffocating the trent.

"Whilst successful arrangements for a brewery located intoxication party have collapsed, the forest board would like to point out that they do know who ate all the pies, and have taken steps to improve the pie eating capacity of the club since Reid retired and Burns' mobility won't allow himself gorge the way he once did."

The gumpen fawaz apologist continued

"We have brought some amazing footballing and pie eating talent to the club on the last day of the transfer window. It will take time, and naturally, the installation of some McCormack proof gates, to keep this raw talent from upsetting you with its whelming adequacy, and ask you give them time to adjust to our ways, the ways of the forest family."

"So please, give our first choice and next alex furguson, Gary Brazil, all the support, trust, and patience that you have afforded Fawaz over the coming months"

"Hail Fawaz! Hail Kenny Burns! And Hail Fawaz once more!"

The adoring crowds rapidly altered their variety of signs so they just looked like they were on an anti trump march as they left with their hearts lifted and using their many fingersto count their blessing.

19 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Both good signings, if I'm honest. I think McCormack will save their dignity this season (to an extent) and Clough is a good buy to bed in alongside the young talent they've already got with Osborn, Assombalonga and oh, I guess that's it really. Cash?

Give them this temporary distraction from the clusterf*ck that is their club, they need it.

Sorry mate but you're talking out your rectum there. Our club may be a clusterfuck but we're still reeling them off the academy. 

Ben Brereton has been scoring for fun in the U23' and made his first team debut last night, definitely a talent.

Joe Worrall has impressed since playing in the first team and Amel Ahmedhodzic is also a great prospect (both CB). 

10 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Even if they got relegated to League 2 Fawaz will still be seen as the saviour to them.

Sign a few players on loan and get a win under your belt and all of a sudden they can challenge again? Look at Villa, almost complete overhaul of their midfield and will probably need the rest of this season to settle, and that's with a manager in place.

Fawaz will appoint someone and it will unravel again until they find their rhythm. 

Absolute nonsense, and you know it. 

McCormack and Lord Bender on a combined 80k a week up front. 

Once is too fat to get over a gate, and the other has forgotten which end to score in.

Good job those youth players are coming through. You need to sell them at the end of the season , but need them now to cover the holes when you can only name 5 of the loanees - whilst the others who's wages you are paying cant get on the bench.

Um_Bongo.png

How many Lansbury and Burkes you got left?

Enough to cover the falling attendances? Or enough to cover all these wages for players you don't own?

Archived