Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

Carson 

baird Keogh Pearce (anya/Hanson)

De sart    

Bryson.        Johnson

ince           Bent.            Russell 

subs mitchell camara Hughes nugent shackell Vydra wieman 

this will be a battle, Hughes can wait to return to the pitch, Russell included due to his need to cover the full back early in the game, this is a solid looking starting xi with top replacements on the bench

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Carson 

baird Keogh Pearce (anya/Hanson)

De sart    

Bryson.        Johnson

ince           Bent.            Russell 

subs mitchell camara Hughes nugent shackell Vydra wieman 

this will be a battle, Hughes can wait to return to the pitch, Russell included due to his need to cover the full back early in the game, this is a solid looking starting xi with top replacements on the bench

That's about the team that I would choose if Hughes isn't quite fit. Although I might risk Camara on the wing as I think he would cause problems on the break. 

On 9 Jan 2017 at 23:54, McLovin said:

Thank goodness Jansson is out. Guys a monster and for me, the best centre back in the division. Hughes should hopefully come back refreshed after his little rest too. Looking forward to seeing how him and De Sart link up in the midfield too

Unless you make him play on the deck. And turn him...then he is in trouble. Just an ugly Shack. 

23 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'd  play this team:

Carson

Keogh Pearce  Shackell.   Baird

De Sart

Hughes.         Johnson

Ince.        Bent.       Camara

Back 4 are solid defensively which means that Ince and Razza can run riot and focus on attacking like they did against West Brom.

I like that back 4... 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

That's about the team that I would choose if Hughes isn't quite fit. Although I might risk Camara on the wing as I think he would cause problems on the break. 

I know what you mean but Leeds away is a very tough one and camara may well get twenty five mins but not early on.

On 1/11/2017 at 11:46, McLovin said:

I'd  play this team:

Carson

Keogh Pearce  Shackell.   Baird

De Sart

Hughes.         Johnson

Ince.        Bent.       Camara

Back 4 are solid defensively which means that Ince and Razza can run riot and focus on attacking like they did against West Brom.

that'll do it for me as well, can't see how we can leave Camara, Shackell or De Sart out tbh.

Carson Keogh shackell Pearce Baird de Sart hughes Johnson ince bent russell 

very short of pace at the back but hey ho if we have 5 left backs injured what can u do?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I know what you mean but Leeds away is a very tough one and camara may well get twenty five mins but not early on.

I hadn't caught up with today's press conferences earlier but I see Steve Nicholson has said on twitter that Anya isn't ready. So , if it's Hanson at left back I think we will play Russell over Camara. 

I can see Steve going with a back four of Baird, Keogh, Pearce and Shackell and maybe Razza instead of Johnny....hoping that we'll not concede and grab one on the break.

Hope i'm wrong as i believe we are better when we play without fear and get players forward rather than just the ball.

37 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Hope i'm wrong as i believe we are better when we play without fear and get players forward rather than just the ball.

This in shovel loads. 

In recent years this fixture has been a bit of an away banker for us. And this is the first year leeds have been half decent for a while. 

If we go and try to contain like at Huddersfield then that is a cop out and Mac can kiss my a***.

We go to play. We pass round them and through them. We create fear and mayhem in their defence. Above all we don't go timid and try to second -guess what they will do.

We"d only guess wrong any road....:lol:

Archived