Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

19 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Interesting dilemna. Don't think he will move Keogh out of CB. Shackell to keep place. Hanson LB. 

Hughes back. Camara over Russell. May drop bryso. 

Is game at risk due to snow/frost? Travel problems for fans?

Battered it down with snow this morning here in Leic, but has stopped now and the sky is clearing. Hopefully will do the same in dirty land.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Battered it down with snow this morning here in Leic, but has stopped now and the sky is clearing. Hopefully will do the same in dirty land.

School run near Sheffield today, quite a bit of snow , loads of slush making driving on minor roads slow. Forecast sunshine rest of day Leeds way so be ok. Just bitterly cold and strong winds which should die down later. Still be freezing tonight though.

I think the combination of being stung for 37 quid to watch a game of football which i can watch at home and not sat in the frozen Siberian gulag-esque wastes of Elland Road make this game possibly the easiest to miss this season.

Well done LUFC. Magic.

I think Pearce will be back to accompany Keogh and Shackell will return to the bench.

Hughes in for de Sart with Bryson alongside him. Hughes and de Sart too similar in my books.

Bent to start with Nugent on what will be a strong bench.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

School run near Sheffield today, quite a bit of snow , loads of slush making driving on minor roads slow. Forecast sunshine rest of day Leeds way so be ok. Just bitterly cold and strong winds which should die down later. Still be freezing tonight though.

I think the combination of being stung for 37 quid to watch a game of football which i can watch at home and not sat in the frozen Siberian gulag-esque wastes of Elland Road make this game possibly the easiest to miss this season.

Well done LUFC. Magic.

You could come to the Dales for lunch and a beer and go off to Dirty-land with the benefit of knowing that some places in 'Yarkshire' are actually quite nice. 

3 hours ago, admira said:

Hughes in for de Sart with Bryson alongside him. Hughes and de Sart too similar in my books.

Other than both being technically gifted footballers, they are quite different in playstyle. De sart likes to sit back just in front of the back 4 and spray passes. Where has Hughes likes to float around the midfield, exploiting pockets of space just in front of the opponent's defence.

OMG! Just seen on the Rams OS that tickets for tonight are available on the night..........

AT 42 QUID!!

Is it April the 1st already ?

I am genuinely staggered. I know I'm used to lower leagues but it's Leeds - not Real Madrid.

If you go tonight and pay on the gate you are either financially secure or clinically insane.

Hope we get the 3 points now.

Absolutely unbelievable.

16 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

OMG! Just seen on the Rams OS that tickets for tonight are available on the night..........

AT 42 QUID!!

I am genuinely staggered. I know I'm used to lower leagues but it's Leeds - not Real Madrid.

If you go tonight and pay on the gate you are either financially secure or clinically insane.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Let me think... Go or not go ??? 220 miles each way.. Hmmmm 

Not a chance !!

25 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

AT 42 QUID!!

Absolutely unbelievable.

Tbf, from what I've observed, in most cases the prices aren't too different for a lot of games. The prices are generally high in the top levels and this makes non-league sides think they can charge similar amounts. Obviously not £42 quid, but lots of other games.

I might be wrong, you'll know far better than me of course. Just the impression that I get.

Archived