Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Would you seriously rather play Pearce against Wood than Shacks?

No brainer for me and looks like Mac too.

I mean, I'm not as bothered by it as that longer-winded-than-intended post makes it seem. I think Shacks is a good player.

Right or Wrong, I just think it's harsh on Pearce. That's all.

I'm sure Pearce has taken it better! :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

Obviously, but to say to one of our best players of the season "we're going to rest you for the cup game so we can play it safe regarding your fitness" and then dropping him cos his replacement did well is harsh, imo. He's not done enough wrong in my opinion to be dropped and Shackell's not done enough in that one game to suggest he's a better option that one our best form players.

I understand this happens, and Shackell's hardly going to be a bad player in any game(s) he plays, but I've had a lot of admiration for the way Pearce has come into the team after having to sit out for so long and now it's possible he doesn't come back in, again. All Shackell has to do is not make any glaring errors.

I don't see it as McClaren has "dropped" Pearce, whilst he's not playing tonight that doesn't mean he's set for a spell out the side, has Hughes also been dropped? 

We played well v WBA and McClaren has clearly said to the players you deserve another go tonight. I like that to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

I don't see it as McClaren has "dropped" Pearce, whilst he's not playing tonight that doesn't mean he's set for a spell out the side, has Hughes also been dropped? 

We played well v WBA and McClaren has clearly said to the players you deserve another go tonight. I like that to be honest. 

True enough. Also see my reply to Dimmu. 

I'm watching it, so I just want to be entertained. My only requirement tonight :lol:

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I mean, I'm not as bothered by it as that longer-winded-than-intended post makes it seem. I think Shacks is a good player.

Right or Wrong, I just think it's harsh on Pearce. That's all.

I'm sure Pearce has taken it better! :lol:

Sorry to pick you up. Noticed bit later quite a few was moaning about Pearce more.

1 minute ago, David said:

I sort of agree with you Dave but that can lead to a whole lot of unnecessary chopping and changing and disrupt any continuity.

Say we get thumped 3-0 tonight, do we bring Pearce back in for Shackell and start Nugent instead of say Bent against Reading. And so on and so forth.

It is a squad game and if all our players can fit in and out if the side seamlessly then that's amazing for us but you have to have a core group of players through the spine of the team that usually pick themselves. Pearce has been one such player this season.

We could be fretting about nothing though. Like you say, we are just presuming he has been dropped from the side for the foreseeable and who knows if this is the case.

Anyway, I am wishing Shackell to do well tonight.

6 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

We've won 6 of our last 8 at home drawing the others and yet to concede..

We've won 3 of our last 6 away games drawing one with Pearce at centre back.

He doesn't play tonight. Strange IMO.

I understand what you say but at what point do you decide to change things. 1 defeat maybe 3. Who knows but Shackell against WBA was unbelievable and hence Mac couldn't drop him for tonight. 

Anyone who saw the game at WBA cannot be surprised with shackell inclusion he was superb that day and hopfully again.

camara will have some covering to do down the left as we look weak defensively to me, hopfully he will spend his time attacking 

1 minute ago, Charlie G said:

I understand what you say but at what point do you decide to change things. 1 defeat maybe 3. Who knows but Shackell against WBA was unbelievable and hence Mac couldn't drop him for tonight. 

It's a fair point Charlie. I guess it all depends on who the manager is. I personally think a player must have 4 or 5 really terrible games on the spin to decide if something needs to be done.

I think that's fair to them and then fair to the replacement you are going to bring in who will know he too has got at least a handful if games to play his way into the side long term.

10 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Good to see Rob Green in goal for Leeds tonight, now there is a player who's always got a mistake in him.

Shame he didn't make a mistake for QPR at Wembley that day... Unlike someone else who I shan't mention. 

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bloomin freezing up here! Good line up, feel for Pearce but pleased we've kept Baird at right back as I feel he is much more self-assured that side.

Not sure I saw any similarity between De Sart and Hughes? Looking forward to seeing them both in the team soon. 

COYR! 

Go and get yourself a coffee before kick off and warm up! :thumbsup:

Archived