Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Where there's muck there's brass.

Are we having a sweepstake how many layers you're wearing? Any one in shorts, seems to be the in thing these days especially with the erm older generation!! I'm off for a couple of crafty scoops before KO

Just now, SKRam said:

Are we having a sweepstake how many layers you're wearing? Any one in shorts, seems to be the in thing these days especially with the erm older generation!! I'm off for a couple of crafty scoops before KO

Sorry Radioactive meant for Singapore :huh:

42 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Tbf, from what I've observed, in most cases the prices aren't too different for a lot of games. The prices are generally high in the top levels and this makes non-league sides think they can charge similar amounts. Obviously not £42 quid, but lots of other games.

I might be wrong, you'll know far better than me of course. Just the impression that I get.

It's the vast descrepancies in ticket prices in this league which has opened my eyes. I think Fulham just before Christmas was £25 , Newcastle want £32 as do Ipswich. Leeds wanted 37 but now 42.

I accept this is a better level of football than say league 2 but neither Derby OR Leeds are worth paying £42 to watch unless it's a play off or cup final. Ridiculous.

In league 2 you'll usually get one or two clubs that think they still are a big popular club and they'll charge maybe 22-25 quid for away fans but that is an extreme. Maybe clubs like Portsmouth and Plymouth and I know from past experience definitely Notts County.

The rest will be fairy standard and reasonable for the level. Anything between 15 and 20.

For Fulham to want £25 and Leeds to want £42 is confusing. How do clubs get away with this? Are there any price ceilings or structuring in place or do clubs just do what Leeds have done and pluck a particularly high number out of thin air and see how many are prepared to pay it?

I think £30 for an away game in the Championship should be the benchmark. Newcastle are a huge club and want £32 and i think that's really fair. I would rather give Newcastle my money than Leeds purely because I think they are playing fair.

Ipswich want £32.50 when £30 should be the minimum for Portman Road and that's too steep as it is.

I think for the majority of clubs in this league, anything up to £30 is fair as an away fan.

I'm not having a pop at Derby fans going up there tonight and paying 42 quid. After all, they are making the time and effort to get there and supporting the lads whereas I'm just watching it on telly. It just surprises me that a lot of fans just accept this and go and pay it. It's a free country and Derby fans go and support the club through thick and thin and I'm sure Leeds could charge 60 quid and fans would still go but I find it strange that more isn't made of these obscene prices and more don't boycott games as and when such a stupid price is charged. Like tonight.

Anyway. Hope all the travelling Rams have a good night and the lads can give you 42 quids worth!

COYR!!

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm in my stockings and suspenders with an alluring lacy thong and peephole bra.

But I'm also not at Leeds train station.

Do love dress down Friday though.

And now I have to go to the pub with that thought. Thanks Radio

17 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

We all hate Leeds, and Leeds, and Leeds, Leeds and Leeds..........

Ave It!......

What a week and a half for Derby that was. Smashing Real Madrid then putting dirty scummy Leeds to the sword. Glory days. If the game tonight is half as good it'll be an absolute cracker.

COYR

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

What a week and a half for Derby that was. Smashing Real Madrid then putting dirty scummy Leeds to the sword. Glory days. If the game tonight is half as good it'll be an absolute cracker.

COYR

Unfortunately Lees sending off got him suspended for the 2nd leg v Madrid :angry:

5 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

He's travelled by the looks of things though so should hopefully be involved, even if only on the bench.

That's weird. I saw that tweet but Hughes was looking down at his phone. Wonder why he tweeted again. Maybe he's told Will to "look casual"? 

Archived