Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

40 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I agree but Weiman has had plenty of starts and not kept his place. Camara a few but looked rubbish. Vydra a fair few starts and not done a lot. Blackman has had his fair share too

I don't think, even now, we know the potential of the players mentioned. The problem they've all had is the lack of a decent, uninterrupted run in the team - 5 or 6 games on the trot in the starting X1 and with the side on a successful run, game-time is going to be in even shorter supply.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I tend to agree, there's clearly a very good player in there somewhere but he's arguably not been in form since his last spell in the Championship with Watford. Strikers, with the expectancy to score, often have the hardest time settling into a team; Vydra at this stage just needs a goal, no matter how it comes. Once he scores again, I have a feeling we may start to see the best out of our record signing.

He makes very intelligent runs but we've seen in recent games with Bent, no-one is picking him out, hence why Bent has also (through no fault of his own) been pretty anonymous in the past couple of games. Give Vydra decent service and he'll do well, we just need to play to his strengths, let him play off the shoulder of the last defender and play some intricate through balls to him. Thorne's the best at those, I'd love to see those 2 in the same team, Vydra's pace means playing more direct, which would never have worked with Martin, may become more of an option, only making us more versatile going forward.

Abolsutely agree with you especially on that last point, I think thrones return will be pivotal to vydra, believe I've previously mentioned that on here- he's intelligent enough to see vydras runs. Will also add that I think vydra can do more in terms of link up play than he's showing, I think it's all about adapting to a formation he's not really played yet and knowing where players will be

Well all to do, at least this will alleviate the apathetic performances we've seen recently in the first halves...

If Nicholson is to be believed and they are looking fragile at the back, with the quality we have in the squad, this shouldn't be over yet, let's really go after them with a bit of urgency and it's still all to play for!

Archived