Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

Hopefully an interesting afternoon today with every team playing and some hard games for lots of the top 6.

Interesting posts from tht Norwich guy the other day about the ill feeling at their place. Hopefully the atmosphere is poisonious today and we give them a good beating.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Hopefully an interesting afternoon today with every team playing and some hard games for lots of the top 6.

Interesting posts from tht Norwich guy the other day about the ill feeling at their place. Hopefully the atmosphere is poisonious today and we give them a good beating.

If they continue to not look too dangerous, then doing them on the counter like Huddersfield did is a distinct possibility.

I do think their luck will turn sooner or later though, and I think our lack of goals unless Ince turns up has to come and bite us sooner or later. We were tired mentally and physcially on saturday, and this game is only 2 days later.

Don't have a great feeling about today's match. We will miss Hughes, so we need Bryson to put in a performance of old, Vydra/Bent to attack the ball more and the rest of the team to borrow some of Bradley's passion - he'll love returning to Carrow Road.

I hope we have some luck - another goal straight from a corner would do!  - and that the team aren't affected by my doom and gloom.

I have predicted a loss for the first time since Pearson left. I hope I am wrong and we have a cracking result. I must admit I feel a bit better now we're here and the sun is shining. COYR!

41 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

As easy going as I am I totally agree with this,some of these need to take their chance now or I'm afraid they will need to move on.

It must be a nightmare to snatch 15 minutes here and there but they need to make it count.

15 minutes a week is not enough in my view. You are right, it is a nightmare.

But you cannot pay huge sums of money signing players and then tell them that they haven't done well enough in their 15 minute cameos and promptly discard them.

I wonder if Mac might be looking at both this and the West Brom game as a two game  opportunity to give them that opportunity of two starts in a week. I expect to see Bryson, Camera, Vydra , Weimann and possibly Hanson start both games.

I also expect us to do well to get a point at Norwich. We looked a bit jaded against Wigan and in need of a bit of a rest. Personally I would be happy to give a few of the guys in midfield and attack a good break for a couple of weeks and then kick on from there, even if it meant risking dropping ppijnts today

6 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

But you cannot pay huge sums of money signing players and then tell them that they haven't done well enough in their 15 minute cameos and promptly discard them.

I wonder if Mac might be looking at both this and the West Brom game as a two game  opportunity to give them that opportunity of two starts in a week. I expect to see Bryson, Camera, Vydra , Weimann and possibly Hanson start both games.

I also expect us to do well to get a point at Norwich. We looked a bit jaded against Wigan and in need of a bit of a rest. Personally I would be happy to give a few of the guys in midfield and attack a good break for a couple of weeks and then kick on from there, even if it meant risking dropping ppijnts today

Yeh,that's probably right and fair.If they got a couple of starts that is a fair chance.

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I agree but Weiman has had plenty of starts and not kept his place. Camara a few but looked rubbish. Vydra a fair few starts and not done a lot. Blackman has had his fair share too

Disappointing line up, was expecting a few more changes after that poor performance at the weekend. Hanson would be a better replacement for Hughes IMO and playing Johnson further forward instead of bringing Bryson in, I really don't think he's good enough anymore, players like him require energy and sadly I don't think he's got the pace anymore. Also, I will admit to nearly having a mental breakdown seeing Russell's name on that team sheet, I don't know whether he's doing mcclaren favours or something but if I was weimann I'd be furious at not getting a chance after watching him play poorly week on week yet continue starting

13 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Really hope we don't feel Hughes' absence too much today but that may be the case, the rest of the players need to step up today because Hughes' has carried the team for the past couple of games...

Give over. Useless on Saturday. And better performers on the 27th too. 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Disappointing line up, was expecting a few more changes after that poor performance at the weekend. Hanson would be a better replacement for Hughes IMO and playing Johnson further forward instead of bringing Bryson in, I really don't think he's good enough anymore, players like him require energy and sadly I don't think he's got the pace anymore. Also, I will admit to nearly having a mental breakdown seeing Russell's name on that team sheet, I don't know whether he's doing mcclaren favours or something but if I was weimann I'd be furious at not getting a chance after watching him play poorly week on week yet continue starting

Maybe JR and others are doing as asked by Mac hence getting selected? Get behind them. Negativity on here considering the run we are on is astounding. I'm off for one more drink and I'll report back on the game this evening. 

COYR

Archived