Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've seen Sammon mentioned quite alot recently, just out of interest, how many times have you seen him play?

I don't think any of us actually witnessed Connor Sammon play football. Plenty of us saw him in a Derby shirt but he never played football. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

I don't think any of us actually witnessed Connor Sammon play football. Plenty of us saw him in a Derby shirt but he never played football. 

Who could forget his six pack blazing through his wind swept Derby shirt, arms wide. My sweet knight, tender his kisses on my supple body :wub:

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I'm sure I quill eventually.... Please sign somebody Derby and draw a line under these dreadful pen puns.

Stop a full stop to em?

has that been done?

itll be a blot on my copy book if it has.

According to "Football Insider" He has agreed personal terms with Villa and is just waiting for the new owners to take control.

Although it would be boring for us i wish are targets were kept quiet, like the De Sart transfer, No one really new it was happening then all of a sudden, signed. Every time we mention a target in steps another club and its , Derby target joins a rival. 

12 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

According to "Football Insider" He has agreed personal terms with Villa and is just waiting for the new owners to take control.

Although it would be boring for us i wish are targets were kept quiet, like the De Sart transfer, No one really new it was happening then all of a sudden, signed. Every time we mention a target in steps Aston Villa.

FTFY

I remember the days of Clough, offering 100 grand for Simeon Jackson here, 500k for Gary Hooper there.  It made us fans think we were looking to do business, but usually ended up with a Dave Martin.

I still find it strange we made it public that we offered for Lansbury as soon as a bid had been placed, normally the words from Derby are 'we dont comment on a player who isnt ours', but Stevie Mac was all to happy for people to know we had bid.

On Lansbury though, I would have been happy had we signed him, but only because a) it would show our intent and b) it would pee of the Reds.  As a player though, I dont really rate him all that highly.  I would much rather we had tried to get Dale Stephens from Brighton.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember the days of Clough, offering 100 grand for Simeon Jackson here, 500k for Gary Hooper there.  It made us fans think we were looking to do business, but usually ended up with a Dave Martin.

I still find it strange we made it public that we offered for Lansbury as soon as a bid had been placed, normally the words from Derby are 'we dont comment on a player who isnt ours', but Stevie Mac was all to happy for people to know we had bid.

On Lansbury though, I would have been happy had we signed him, but only because a) it would show our intent and b) it would pee of the Reds.  As a player though, I dont really rate him all that highly.  I would much rather we had tried to get Dale Stephens from Brighton.

It does seem very odd that we publicly announced it. I do hope it is a case of this being a red herring and our true target is someone else rather than this being another example of us being naive(as with the Antonio saga)

2 minutes ago, cymru said:

it a bit worrying that every time we go for our first choice player they go to another club and then we go for second best player that is not up to scratch  and that is why we are still in this league

Who for example?

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My sentiments too, how we have moved on.

I've found this as amusing as the Chris Martin saga, never expected Lansbury to turn up but if Mac wanted him so be it, said so in a much earlier post. Just like somewhere down the line Martin will return. Really couldn't see Fridgey however desperate selling his skipper to us.

Been mildly amusing though.

Archived