Gary Rowett sacked

Tamworthram

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely ridiculous. However, with the changes at Brum this week maybe not that surprising.

Monday - New Asian owners and 3 new directors in.

Tuesday - Win against Ipswich.

Wednesday - Sack the manager and all backroom staff.

Thursday - New manager in?

Friday - Booze up in Wetherspoons? 

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Depends. What are you reading into it? 

OH MY GOD! MACGATE 2! STEVE'S GOING TO BIRMINGHAM! HAS HE DENIED IT YET? I NEED HIM TO DENY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, am I reading too much into this?

Thinking about the worrying amount of abuse going on more...... just a suggestion, 

I find this as baffling as the PC decision for us. If it's true and the football wasn't pretty, surely owners would prefer success to pretty football? 

Ideally the combination would be winning while playing great football, but which one do you take ultimately? 

7 minutes ago, Sir Me said:

Absolutely ridiculous. However, with the changes at Brum this week maybe not that surprising.

Monday - New Asian owners and 3 new directors in.

Tuesday - Win against Ipswich.

Wednesday - Sack the manager and all backroom staff.

Thursday - New manager in?

Friday - Booze up in Wetherspoons? 

Fish & chips in 'Spoons on Fridays...think you might be on to something!

6 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I find this as baffling as the PC decision for us. If it's true and the football wasn't pretty, surely owners would prefer success to pretty football? 

Ideally the combination would be winning while playing great football, but which one do you take ultimately? 

I'm baffled that people still don't get why we sacked Clement! 

All planned in advance so likely that the new man will be in place before saturday

And presumably a 'name' that the new owners have heard of and think works in their grand plan

From afar he seemed to have done a terrific job - he won't need to worry about where is next job comes from. Took on a shocking situation and turned it round to great effect

Being selfish, hopefully this creates some short term disarray in time for our next home match. Blues under Rowett always seemed to do pretty well against us.

Rowett took them over when they were certs to go down. In a terrible state and shipped 8 goals at home, probably the worst team in the division when Rowett arrived there.

It's underestimated just how well he did there. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they look back on the sacking with huge regret, it won't take much to send them tumbling back down the table.

1 hour ago, Kennington Ram said:

Sounds very sensible - hire a manager with uncertain record in management who knows eff all about the players tand championship in truth, to replace manager slowly but surely building a force from nothing.

Bonkers, the true Blue noses with any sense will probably be gutted. 

Archived