who does everyone want in fa cup

B4ev6is

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

How the fook did you know about Tombo's girlfriends predilection? I thought he'd only told me!

Did he show you the pictures as well?

That, or a sprout in the mouth?

Easy guess, devils vegetable at best!

25 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

How the fook did you know about Tombo's girlfriends predilection? I thought he'd only told me!

Did he show you the pictures as well?

Didn't even have the minerals to tag me directly! Dear oh dear ;)

Look, I didn't really like sharing but it's a basic rule of the internet - "pics or it didn't happen"

Always want a home draw against the lowest-ranked team left in the competition. It's good to progress as far as we can while giving a lot of the backups some much-needed game time.

Contrary to some opinion, the stats show cup runs are generally a good thing for league progress. It's irrational to want "a big tie" in the early rounds because we're likely to be knocked out, whereas if we have "small ties" for as long as the draw permits we should progress to the point of inevitably having a big tie, that will be much more important because it will be that much closer to Wembley. My ideal match geographically would be away at Arsenal, but I'd rather we got that in the quarter finals than the third round.

If we're playing that game I guess I'll go for Tijuana. Nearest team to me, only 1,000km and a 20-hour drive.

By the way, anyone who complains that the likes of Ipswich are miles away really need to get some perspective. England is a tiny country, it's incredible there are so many football teams.

8 hours ago, jono said:

I don't hold with putting out a second team but trying a couple of "nearly there's" is absolutely the right thing to do especially if oposition is a league or more below. .. You have to open a door at some point. 

I agree one or two in some games but not wholesale changes. We have momentum now, keep going.

We will have numerous 'let's concentrate on the league' rubbish. See above 

One of My favourite FA cup quotes was Barry Fry having drawn Liverpool or Arsenal at home, in Peterborough. The radio pundit asked "what are your tactics for today Barry"

he said "we're playing 11 at the back and banking on £  2 million in a replay"

If we got one of the non-league teams at home I'd probably root for them. I'd love to see us beat a team that's unequivocally better than us, and that can only happen if we play them. So that's who I want.

Archived