who does everyone want in fa cup

B4ev6is

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Pulis isn't interested in this game IMO. Expect plenty of changes for them and for us a real chance of going through.

Dull enough tie but could turn out ok in the end.

Never been WBA. Is it easy to get to / park?

When they had Bristol City in the 3rd round last year they put a virtually first choice team out. 

46 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Pulis isn't interested in this game IMO. Expect plenty of changes for them and for us a real chance of going through.

I think the opposite to be honest.  If they're still ticking points off come he new year and pretty much safe I reckon he'll fancy a cup run.  And their bench had Olson, McClean, Chadli, Robson-Kanu & Gardner on it, hardly inexperienced.

Id rather we concentrate on racking up promotion points...

1 hour ago, Fraser_23 said:

When will it be and when will tickets be available to buy ?

7th January 2017 15.00 kick off and about 3 weeks before the game to buy the tickets. 

Play the U23's all the way regardless of the opposition. 

It is possible to have a successful season and a cup run but I'd prefer not to take any risk no matter how small with our first team in a competition we are highly unlikely to win.

Always here calls for our younger players to be given a chance, here is the opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Play the U23's all the way regardless of the opposition. 

It is possible to have a successful season and a cup run but I'd prefer not to take any risk no matter how small with our first team in a competition we are highly unlikely to win.

Always here calls for our younger players to be given a chance, here is the opportunity. 

Nooooo David ... It's the cup ! .. Yes give some ( 1 or 2 or 3  ) young up and comings a game but we have to field a strong team with first team players and give it a go. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

When they had Bristol City in the 3rd round last year they put a virtually first choice team out. 

Baggies currently 6th in Premier, they would be mad not to treat it seriously; their chance of glory and every right to expect a decent cup run with favourable draws. They will be worthy strong favourites.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

As above. Be amazed if he doesn't go with a strong team, I'd hate us to play anyone with any sort of knocks after a busy Christmas period.

Easy to drive to, just crap parking. It's about 100 yards off junction 1, M5. Far easier by train as others suggest.

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Nooooo David ... It's the cup ! .. Yes give some ( 1 or 2 or 3  ) young up and comings a game but we have to field a strong team with first team players and give it a go. 

A cup we are unlikely to win, the Championship is a tough league as it is without the extra games thrown in. If we can gain an advantage by resting our first team whilst others chase the slim chance of silverwear midweek we should take it. Talk to me about the cup when we're comfortable in the Premier League, until then let's focus on getting there before the gap gets too big

1 minute ago, David said:

Talk to me about the cup when we're comfortable in the Premier League, until then let's focus on getting there before the gap gets too big

Like West Brom eh? 

We can't really lose in this, pressure if anything will be on them and who knows but really can't see a shock, so I also hope a few fringe players bloodied. Why not give Vernam a cameo for instance. Tell the lad to go out and enjoy himself, whatever the score.

39 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Baggies currently 6th in Premier, they would be mad not to treat it seriously; their chance of glory and every right to expect a decent cup run with favourable draws. They will be worthy strong favourites.

As above. Be amazed if he doesn't go with a strong team, I'd hate us to play anyone with any sort of knocks after a busy Christmas period.

Easy to drive to, just crap parking. It's about 100 yards off junction 1, M5. Far easier by train as others suggest.

Cheers zigzag. I think my presumption that Pulis will take this game easy is perhaps incorrect judging what some of you guys have said on here. I can see why he would not, now some facts about similar games in the past and current form have been highlighted.

I'm not sure if I will go to this. There is no way my anxiety will allow me to go from Chesterfield to Birmingham / West Bromwich on the train so if I'm going to go it will be by car. Might get there ultra early so i can bag a parking spot somewhere and then just sit it out until kick off. The early bird and all that....

I'll make a decision when the tickets come on sale.

Hope they are reasonably priced. Twenty quid absolute tops?

Archived