Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Blimey wolves really are rubbing it into their fans, imagine conceding three goals to the worst attack in England statistically AND THEN appointing Paul lambert...

Although as I watched the first half, i did "they dodged a bullet in not appointing Nigel Pearson, they could have had that first half performance every week"

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Although as I watched the first half, i did "they dodged a bullet in not appointing Nigel Pearson, they could have had that first half performance every week"

Yeah imagine that. Losing today then appointing Pearson, it's stuff worthy of wrist slashing.

The ball by Hughes, to play in Vydra right at the end was just sublime. It doesn't look as spectacular as the ball to Bent, but he had very little time. As is typical of Hughes, he had a complete picture of what is around him before the ball arrives at his feet, enabling him to play it first time, not giving the defence time to close him down. That's the sort of quality that sets him apart from other players in the Championship. Vydra should have buried it and put the game to bed. 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

We had some great opportunities in the first half, but none were as clear as Vydra's.

I don't hate him at all, it as just an awful miss. Any striker at any level should be putting that away. He was eight yard out, all the time in the world with the GK massively out of position.. 

Very harsh. The pace of Hughes's pass was a bit slow forcing vydra to take a touch and giving the defender and keeper time to get across. Vydra's touch and shot were good under the circumstances and but for the slightest graze off the keeper's knee would have been a very clean finish.

6 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Very harsh. The pace of Hughes's pass was a bit slow forcing vydra to take a touch and giving the defender and keeper time to get across. Vydra's touch and shot were good under the circumstances and but for the slightest graze off the keeper's knee would have been a very clean finish.

I'd put it down as a sitter tbh. He was off center with a GK central. I don't think Hughes pass was slow. I thought Vydra's first touch was decent. 

8 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Not the way I saw it Green Ram...Vydra should have taken that chance...hit it straight at the keeper.  Good save though. Vydra seems a little low on confidence in front of goal to me...but I think there is definately quality there.

7 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

Don't think there was too much wrong with Vydra's touch, it was his finish which was woeful. I don't know why he tried to go back across the goalkeeper, when the whole of his left side was open.

You'd expect an £8 striker to score that, let alone an £8m striker.

Can't be arsed to read the whole thread but here is my take on the day.

Brilliant first half, Hughes was unplayable and Lowe was excellent. Bent won his headers and we looked a threat even from corners.. yes corners..

wasted a few chances and 2-0 was always going to give us a bad second half. Pretty much everyone called it where I was.. Wolves won't be as bad and we will be biting our nails for the last 30 mins.. Yep.. Was concerned how we let them back in and then passes started to go wonky.. 

The Gumps will be getting worried.

A step forward... COYR

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'd put it down as a sitter tbh. He was off center with a GK central. I don't think Hughes pass was slow. I thought Vydra's first touch was decent. 

Nah, if the pass is stronger he let's it run past him, gives it welly before the keeper gets near it, 4-2 game over. Amazing how people see things differently.

I was amazed to see a pass at all, looked for all the world he would try and bend one, so to criticise the pass as too slow seems very harsh.

I'd prefer to say the keeper made a very good save than we were at fault.

Well I'm not going to over scrutinise what could have beens, that Lowe tackle, Russell's control on that high pass to him, Will's chip, Bent's finish and no Pearson in sight gave me the best 45 minutes of the season.

Yeah, there's stuff to work on and I'm fed up the international break put's paid to getting cracking on those things but we won for goodness sake, enjoy it.

I thought it was a sublime pass if truth be told.

his awareness to see that, I was shouting shoot shoot and then was like oh what a ball, didn't even see it on to be honest.

im sorry but in my book it's a guilt edge chance and a striker worth his salt should be putting that in the back of the onion bag, not having a go at the lad but as a striker he will be disappointed by that so it's fair for us to feel the same about it 

think Lowe looks a cracking little prospect, first thing that strikes me is that he likes a tackle, he's quick to see danger and snaps into the tackle.

Ince was excellent, Iv been very critical of him this season and I believe it's been justified but he's shaking off the restrictive shackles that Pearson put on him and is starting to look like the player we all hope he can be.

very pleasing, well done the lads didn't have it all our own way but showed enough character to see it out 

45 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Not the way I saw it Green Ram...Vydra should have taken that chance...hit it straight at the keeper.  Good save though. Vydra seems a little low on confidence in front of goal to me...but I think there is definately quality there.

Respect.

Archived