Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

Attendance: 19,858 (1,309 Derby fans)

Well I'm not bouncing and I'm not a red, just bored to death of our **** songs.

"Sing something f##k'ng new, sing something original, sing something f##k'ng new, sing something original"

D......for ********* wasting a load of beer

E.......for emptyheads wasting a load of beer

R.......for rottenheads wasting a load of beer

B.......for boysheads wasting a load of beer

Y........for yobheads wasting a load of beer

"Drink it, drink it, coz that's the way he likes it, likes it, doesn't like to waste it, waste it, coz that's for little boys, that don't really like to drink it, drink it, coz they dunno like it, coz they'd rather throw it, throw it, coz that's the way they like it, and this little ditty is very very sh1tty, like all the other ones!"...like all the other ones!......

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Sidwells might beat it.

6 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I thought that, I've got the game on, Brighton are clicking into place quite nicely, taking full advantage of Norwich's dip in form as well. 

No chance, Sidwell's was a good opportunistic effort but it was just a hoof  at the end of the day.  The technique, first from Hughes to scoop it, then for Bent to keep it down with power is top drawer.  If it had been Suarez to Messi, the entire football world would be creaming their kecks...

28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They both made the absolute most of very little contact. When I saw Ince go down my instincts were "wave it away"

There's another angle on the wolves shout which makes it look very much looked for which hasn't made it into the highlights reels for some reason.

Looking at it in real time I thought the Wolves one was more of a penalty than ours. After seeing replays they're virtually identical. Slight contact that the attacking player was looking for. Not enough to send them to the floor but possibly enough to give the penalty. Some refs would, some refs wouldn't. I just think they either both are penalties, or both aren't. Inconsistency from the referee but it fell our way.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Looking at it in real time I thought the Wolves one was more of a penalty than ours. After seeing replays they're virtually identical. Slight contact that the attacking player was looking for. Not enough to send them to the floor but possibly enough to give the penalty. Some refs would, some refs wouldn't. I just think they either both are penalties, or both aren't. Inconsistency from the referee but it fell our way.

Yep and the same inconsistency from Ince nearly destroying the good work he's already done, plus I won't get carried away by one game with a goal that everyone would have scored on here and possibly the penalty.

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Identical in that one had his heels clipped and the other just threw himself backwards in a hopelessly unconvincing dive. They were nothing like each other. 

19 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

No chance, Sidwell's was a good opportunistic effort but it was just a hoof  at the end of the day.  The technique, first from Hughes to scoop it, then for Bent to keep it down with power is top drawer.  If it had been Suarez to Messi, the entire football world would be creaming their kecks...

I'm undecided but just a hoof? The target area of the goal is quite small from the halfway line. Even smaller when there's a keeper ready to claw it away if he doesn't get enough height on it. It's like hitting the exhaust port on the Death Star. Plus it was on his weaker foot and he spotted the keeper and hit it in an instant. And that it came from a well coached and executed defensive plan.

7 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I'm undecided but just a hoof? The target area of the goal is quite small from the halfway line. Even smaller when there's a keeper ready to claw it away if he doesn't get enough height on it. It's like hitting the exhaust port on the Death Star. Plus it was on his weaker foot and he spotted the keeper and hit it in an instant. And that it came from a well coached and executed defensive plan.

Stay on target....stay on target.....

30 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Identical in that one had his heels clipped and the other just threw himself backwards in a hopelessly unconvincing dive. They were nothing like each other. 

Identical in the sense that there was minimal contact that wouldn't send you to the floor outside of the area...

25 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

If you tried to execute both goals 10 times each you'd score (or at least get on target) Sidwell's maybe 5 times.  Bent's, you'd be lucky to score it once.  Both the pass and the finish were proper tekkers...

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Attendance: 19,858 (1,309 Derby fans)

Well I'm not bouncing and I'm not a red, just bored to death of our **** songs.

"Sing something f##k'ng new, sing something original, sing something f##k'ng new, sing something original"

D......for ********* wasting a load of beer

E.......for emptyheads wasting a load of beer

R.......for rottenheads wasting a load of beer

B.......for boysheads wasting a load of beer

Y........for yobheads wasting a load of beer

"Drink it, drink it, coz that's the way he likes it, likes it, doesn't like to waste it, waste it, coz that's for little boys, that don't really like to drink it, drink it, coz they dunno like it, coz they'd rather throw it, throw it, coz that's the way they like it, and this little ditty is very very sh1tty, like all the other ones!"...like all the other ones!......

At least, in a parallel universe somewhere, the Wedding Present are huge and everyone sings the same old songs that are based on their hits.

8 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Oh I agree, and not only was Sidwell's goal as you describe, the goalkeeper wasn't really at the races giving him a virtually empty net to aim at. I'm not talking about being out of position, that happens, I'm referring to his attempt to correct the situation, feeble.

Darrens goal all day long for me, I just think it's typical we score one of the best goals I can remember and something happens to rob us of some limelight and positivity as far as the television media are concerned.

11 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Oh I agree, and not only was Sidwell's goal as you describe, the goalkeeper wasn't really at the races giving him a virtually empty net to aim at. I'm not talking about being out of position, that happens, I'm referring to his attempt to correct the situation, feeble.

Darrens goal all day long for me, I just think it's typical we score one of the best goals I can remember and something happens to rob us of some limelight and positivity as far as the television media are concerned.

Their keeper didn't have the best of games. Is Fielding out of favour down there or injured??

Just now, ramsbottom said:

Their keeper didn't have the best of games. Is Fielding out of favour down there or injured??

I'm not sure, I've got to admit, I went oh Frankie when it went in as I was paying more attention to the forum than the game. I thought he'd started til I saw a replay.

8 hours ago, Kernow said:

Both could have been given tbh, for me the difference was, Ince was in front of his man and he clipped his heels. For me, their player moved towards Ince and made the contact then went down, for me an obvious dive, but like I said both could of been given. We got ours, happy days

I was impressed with Bradley Johnson  yesterday what a different player he's starting to look and Lowe is much better than Olson on the left. We could do with a decent right back cover we missed Christie when he went off how about Stabana from our reserve isn't he a right back?  Anyone seen him play?

Archived