Darren Bent

JarodyDCFC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Many (including me) were angry when they saw his name on the team sheet ahead of Vydra before the game but today did he prove us wrong. He was class and got his head on a lot of crosses. Does he deserve another start against Wolves on Saturday?

Yes.

No need to say much more, said it all in a response on the match day thread. Credit where it's due and he deserves some tonight.

No! He'd have needed a hat trick today to get me anywhere near excited about Darren Bent.

I'd put Vydra in ahead of Bent all day.

Replacing Bent has to be absolute number 1 priority in January. We no longer need a Thorne backup or a RB after recent performances so let's spend it all on a new striker!

Looked 3 years younger today. I am curious what has happened there. Still makes the same clever runs. I think the manager has had a word with the lads and told them what they should have already known. If Benty wants it, put it where he wants it and he will do the rest. Bent doesn't want to be caught under a ball in the air. He always wants to come on to it and not get caught under the ball. He let's his marker get caught under it. There probably isn't a player in this league who can curve a run better than him. But if you don't or can't play to his simple basic needs then there is no point in playing him. 

Still thinks he gets a lot of bad press, when he first came in and martin was injured he was banging them in (even if the side was losing form) he's hardly going to be mint coming on for the last five mins and starting the odd game. He needs a decent run of games in the side 

17 hours ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Many (including me) were angry when they saw his name on the team sheet ahead of Vydra before the game but today did he prove us wrong. He was class and got his head on a lot of crosses. Does he deserve another start against Wolves on Saturday?

Bent is one of only a few members of the PL 100 club still playing. So he has a great pedigree and Mac will hopefully know how to squeeze a few more performances out of this player. He could yet have a vital role to play with our current shortage of strikers. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not a huge fan but I've not been impressed by Vydra either.

Running doesn't excite me. I hate athletics. Never even watched a Usain Bolt race.

I love athletics and especially the sprinters.

However, when I am watching football, I much prefer to watch footballers. 

Archived