Darren Bent

JarodyDCFC

18 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Bent like many others in the team, is looking a quality player at the moment, finding space, working hard, and scoring goals, what more can you ask of your centre forward, hope he is fit for next week.

bent has always been a quality player his record proves it but not had a fair crack at derby love him or hate him you must respect what he has done i hated jim baxter cos he played for florist but i respected his talent remember the way he destroyed england at wembley? im not comparing him with bent mind!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I am enjoying is seeing a bigger part of his game. He is making some very good runs but also picking passes and anticipating what his marker is going to do next. TBH on current form I think he is looking better than when he had that purple patch after he first arrived. I had thought the legs were going  as he seemed to be a bit ponderous and have little acceleration.    The last couple of games he has looked that fabled half a yard quicker. Ummmmm 32 .. Might get another season or two.

i'd still like to see Vydra / Weiman playing together in a full game though 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Good goal and worked hard today.. Getting better and better each time.. 

Spot on ! .. I can't give you a like .. Tank run dry. 

You don't expect  "improvement" in senior players in quite the same way as the younger ones but we are defo seeing with DB

1 minute ago, jono said:

Spot on ! .. I can't give you a like .. Tank run dry. 

You don't expect  "improvement" in senior players in quite the same way as the younger ones but we are defo seeing with DB

Like it tomorrow mate.. You are spot on too! 

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Good goal and worked hard today.. Getting better and better each time.. 

As others have said, reckon that's fitness, that comes with playing regularly.

Has Bent ever not really been a goal scorer when playing regularly? 

Seems to have adjusted his game slightly? 

He seems to recognise what it was that gave Martin the nod over him. And, although he doesn't do the Martin side of the game as well as Chris Martin himself, he does recognise that he needs to make an option through the gaps in an opponents midfield. He is finding that line of pass more rather than standing on the defender and being completely hidden from our players.

And obviously he still has that selfish hunger and instinct of a bloke that measures his performance on goals scored.

In the air he's offered us a lot. A genuine reason to put the ball in the sky. You don't want the ball in the sky but it does have to go there sometimes obviously.

His feet don't move as fast as Martin or Vydra in terms of moving the ball. But he's offering more than Vydra now.

Vydra will never offer us much in the air so to get past Bent he's got to do the Martin bit and the Bent bit better. If he can recognise how to drop deep and be an option then i think he'll probably be a good purchase. But until then he fits more into the Darren Bent role of when Martin was playing. Just a striker we can't see unless the opponent has parked the bus

I have to admit to identifying Bent as one of the players I deemed surplus to requirements at Derby and on current form it's clear that my judgement was wrong.

There is more for Bent to do in a Derby shirt for sure but if he's playing regularly, scoring goals and helping the team with his work ethic as he is doing at the minute then you cannot really argue against his inclusion in the 11.

Big pat on the back for Darren.

Another bonus is that we have Weimann, Vydra and Anya to come on from the subs bench. I doubt there would be many clubs in our league not overjoyed at having those options.

59 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I have to admit to identifying Bent as one of the players I deemed surplus to requirements at Derby and on current form it's clear that my judgement was wrong.

There is more for Bent to do in a Derby shirt for sure but if he's playing regularly, scoring goals and helping the team with his work ethic as he is doing at the minute then you cannot really argue against his inclusion in the 11.

Big pat on the back for Darren.

Another bonus is that we have Weimann, Vydra and Anya to come on from the subs bench. I doubt there would be many clubs in our league not overjoyed at having those options.

I have been a critic of both Bent and Ince and am delighted at the way they have performed in the past few matches.

25 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Again I don't think he was caught offside yesterday. Also, anyone know if he was offside against Wolves? If not then that must be some kind of record not being offside for 3 games. Usually can't go 3 minutes without being flagged. 

Is playing very well though. 

players who play on the shoulder are going to be offside martin was never offside because he played much deeper than bent

13 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

BREAKING: Ex-England striker who's scored over 100 goals in the Premier League starts a few games and plays well SHOCKER

It's a shock to those who want to call in this vehicle for him and Tom....

Archived