The group of players that went moaning to MM

Jon_Grooves

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh might have had to go in his capacity as captain, he might not have had a problem with Pearson but was asked by (any) player/s that were unhappy.

Just stick to the usual he's always got a mistake in him sketch, you don't need to invent new sticks to beat him with.

25 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Just wondering if anyone had heard who they were, and what you lot now think of this group?

Would it be right to assume that caption Keogh would be part of this group?

If true I applaud them for caring enough about the club to take matters further, and if Keogh involved then kudos to him.

Without knowing the details we can't really make an informed judgement on if they acted on the sly or in a manner totally respectable to most sane people.

I'd take a guess at it being a core of Clough players plus anyone particularly with a grievance, because they've been together and know they have each other's backs.

IF (big if), it is true then they can all leave. Even if it was players like Hughes. We don't need players like that. However, I'm hoping and assuming it's just a silly little tabloid fabricated story, so I'm not paying too much notice to it.

I would like to thank them. No more do I have to put up with Pearson's sneering arrogant face when he thinks the question he's answering is beneath him.

They did the right thing. If you think your boss is being abusive then you take it up with human resources or his boss. It's standard procedure. Plus, they have short careers and they wouldn't want them to be put back a couple of years by a manager who can't tell his arse from his elbow.

I would be curious though to see exactly who they were though. I think Keogh would've definitely been there, either as one of the aggrieved or in his capacity as captain. Not sure about the others though.

It's not right to discuss this imo, I doubt many people if any know who they were, and no one really knows what their reasons for going to MM were- who knows what Pearson did to force them to act, it's all just speculation. All we know is that by going to MM we've got rid of arguably one of the worst manager to have ever worn that Derby tracksuit, his record was absolute terrible and I'm glad he's gone, let's all just move on.

16 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Keogh might have had to go in his capacity as captain, he might not have had a problem with Pearson but was asked by (any) player/s that were unhappy.

Just stick to the usual he's always got a mistake in him sketch, you don't need to invent new sticks to beat him with.

well he's the captain of the team. If he wasnt involved he shouldve been the man they players moan to instead of Mel.

If you had any intelligence then you would have been able to see that this isnt a personal attack on Keogh. Look at it from a logical angle and you wouldve analyzed the situation and understood my point of view. I put the word 'captain' before his name just as a little hint for you.

Captain of the club shouldve either A, put a stop to it, or been the go to man, or B, He was involved and approved going to Mel. (if its true)

Whoever it was, fair play to them! 

I'm glad we've got some players with ******** that won't let a bloke ruin their career here and happy to do something about it.

Say what you like, but if we were third and not 21st then Pearson wouldn't have had to defend himself and his argue his case. He wouldn't have been sacked. 

He made the team terrible. We could spend 10s of millions and have wholesale changes next season, following a relegation / battle with relegation. However, we opted to back a squad of players that's had a good few years. Although we haven't been promoted, we've consistently been one of the division's better teams and one of the best attacking teams. 

If you're standing on a railway track and see a train coming at you, do you make the decision to move or stand still and see what happens? 

56 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Just wondering if anyone had heard who they were, and what you lot now think of this group?

Would it be right to assume that caption Keogh would be part of this group?

No it would not be right to assume that.

It's not even right to assume the story is true unless you have heard it from reliable source.

Threads like this can be very damaging. You are asking people what they think of a mythical group of players and then putting ideas in their heads about who it is, and without even knowing what they are supposed to have some ig said.

Theoretically, what if Pearson got physical with one of the players or racially abused one?

Way too many unknowns to be inviting people to take a pop at the players.

I'm certainly not convinced the Players running to MM story is true. In my opinion I always thought the MM v Pearson huge fallout was a certain car crash waiting to happen. AND IT DID. I'm more surprised it took so long if I'm honest.

Archived