The group of players that went moaning to MM

Jon_Grooves

5 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

It never happened. 

The Shackell and Pearson fallout did, weeks ago, but no group of players went to Mel regards Pearson. 

Martin and Pearson clashed from very early on but the majority if not all of the current group were playing for Pearson despite reservations about the formation and tactics, something that the players, with Pearson and Powell discussed together the day after Blackburn, at Moor Farm. It was decided then that 4-4-2 would be scrapped. 

That's where my knowledge ends. No idea what Pearson and Mel got up to afterwards but it seems clear from so many different voices that an argument occurred and their relationship soured. 

The players have put in two improved showings since and I hope things can finally get back to being about football.

Playing devils advocate, not sure you can have knowledge that it didn't happen. The players could have gone without the knowledge of their team mates.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

MM admitted that he can't get the players to like the manager, so it's obviously true that it happened 

A bit wary of the spin tbh, this is the same MM who told the media that Clement was sacked for not playing 'the Derby way..'

13 minutes ago, europia said:

A bit wary of the spin tbh, this is the same MM who told the media that Clement was sacked for not playing 'the Derby way..'

Yes, I always took it that the 'Derby Way' was a euphemism created by MM for Clement demise?

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

did you ever consider Mel was protecting Paul Clement's integrity?

Yes, it's a fair point that you make. I wasn't necessarily criticising Mel for it, just observing that things are spun in a way to suit ones perspective and circumstances.  

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Maybe, but I doubt it. Clement's brother wouldn't keep character assassinating Mel on his Twitter if that was the case

Really? Mel could easily put his perspective far more than he did/does. No matter how Mel behaves over the issue, its clear Clement (or his bother) still feels very wronged by it. 

I just mean the two things arent mutually exclusive, not that one or the other isnt true. 

17 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I would like to thank them. No more do I have to put up with Pearson's sneering arrogant face when he thinks the question he's answering is beneath him.

They did the right thing. If you think your boss is being abusive then you take it up with human resources or his boss. It's standard procedure. Plus, they have short careers and they wouldn't want them to be put back a couple of years by a manager who can't tell his arse from his elbow.

I would be curious though to see exactly who they were though. I think Keogh would've definitely been there, either as one of the aggrieved or in his capacity as captain. Not sure about the others though.

Exactly Podgey. It was pretty obvious to me from the very start that Mr Pearson has some issues and that his man-management techniques are at best, dated and rather rustic. I'm a tad surprised that he was seen by the interview panel as being the right man for the job but that says more about the weakness of the interview as a selection process. I think if 7 of your team do go to your chief officer and make some observations about you, you quite clearly, as a manager, are sailing close to the wind of what is unacceptable. Yet many supposed supporters are moaning about "player power" and "bottlers". It doesn't matter who the 7 players were...they did exactly the right thing. It was perfectly obvious that NP was on the road to total failure, that he didn't have the players behind him, the players were unclear about the task he was setting, and his communication "tone" was probably "drowning" out the message in his words. If any of the managers in my organisation behaved like NP, they too would have been put into disciplinary procedures without any doubt. I don't know the detailed facts, but it should all be patently clear just from observation.    

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

If any of the managers in my organisation behaved like NP, they too would have been put into disciplinary procedures without any doubt. I don't know the detailed facts, but it should all be patently clear just from observation.    

What wrong did he do to make you say  'would have been put into disciplinary procedures without any doubt' ?

Archived