Player power strikes again

YouRams

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, YouRams said:

Isn't that what forums are for voicing opinions/beliefs? This ones just policed a bit more than others so you can't go into full detail on certain subjects, not that I would if I could I'm not on here make friends I've already got one of those. 

Opinions, should be backed up with evidence. 

Especially when you are making an allegation against people which the potential for legal consequences.  

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, sage said:

Especially when you are making an allegation against people which the potential for legal consequences.  

I agree, t'internet is a very dangerous place when it comes to voicing opinions...one mans opinion one day becomes another mans fact the next.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

You said 'who appointed him and who slagged him off'. If you are just making a point about Pearson being criticised on here, why put his appointment in the same sentence? 

Pearson has took an largely attractive football playing top 6 team and put them in the relegation zone playing crap football and then got suspended. You seem surprised that that would illicit crticism on this forum.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make about Bradley Johnson.    

You have no idea about Bradley Johnson point. 

Let me enlighten you. 

He was vilified on this forum and now he's back in the team. 

Did you criticise Bradley Johnson.  

Yes or no 

Just now, sage said:

:lol: sue me for having an opinion on player power/managerial dismissals, Christ! Because everything reported in our countries media is backed up by hard evidence? 

Sith Happens

IF, and its a big IF this story has any truth in it. For me it takes courage to approach your bosses boss to make a complaint about his or her methods.

In any environment if you are not being treated fairly, have concerns etc, while the correct course of action would be to raise it with your boss first, if you do not get any joy, or you feel unable to approach him or her for any reason then its quite acceptable to approach his boss to discuss.

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Powell is good friends with Pearson, clearly. Cardiff post match shows that he is still loyal to him.

If the players were massively out of order and "snaked" Pearson why would Powell stay and manage them after what they did to his friend? Why would Powell stay and work with them? 

Err cause he wants the job more than he wants the friendship with Pearson,? Don't we all make choices regarding what's the most important thing to us in given situations all the time? 

3 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

So you can't say players are **** anymore on here? 

No, it would hurt their feelings, footballers arent robots you know, 20k a week isn't enough to deal with critics as well as performing on a pitch. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

You stated Mourinho and Bilic are both bad managers.

One of which has won everything that is possible as a league manager.

Other is a new kid on the block and has taken a West Ham side to 4pts from a champions league spot.

I specifically addressed that... Unless you're struggling with the context?

Last season Mourinho was HORRIBLE for Chelsea... And they sacked him... He was a bad manager last season for them...

Bilic had a wonderful season with West Ham last year... But this season is going poorly so far... hence at this time he is a bad manager...

Pearson took Leicester into the Premier League but has been horrible for us... Good or Bad overall is not the issue... Good or Bad for us is...

As far as I'm concerned Pearson has the same legacy as Paul Jewell or Phil Brown... Good for someone else, bad for us...

3 minutes ago, Reverend said:

If the players spent as much effort on the pitch as they do moaning about the manager/tactics/gym etc we might actually get somewhere.

You have no idea how much effort they make on the pitch or how much effort they use moaning...

Your statement seems a little pointless...

11 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

So you can't say players are **** anymore on here? 

Yes you can. Observe the following;

The players are ****.

Tom Ince is ****.

Richard Keogh is ****.

If people want to lie to you about posting opinions on players because they can't post their stupid conspiracy theories that's up to them. Personally I'd let them post as many lies as they want. I always like to know if the person I'm conversing with is on the autistic spectrum and a propensity for posting obvious bullshit and screaming like a child when criticized is a good indicator.

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

It's a football dressing room, not an office at Next headquarters. 

I find it bizarre that 7 players would go to the owner to complain about being bollocked. 

Footballers are nannied enough. What next? Go to the FA because a ref booked them? 

Its childish. 

Yes we were stuggling but the manager was trying to change the system from one that failed to get promoted 3 years running, to one that could get promoted. 

Some players have had to adapt the way they play, and if they can't then they should be on the training ground after hours to work on it. 

These are grown men that are paid vast sums of money. They aren't teenagers on minimum wage. 

As I said before, a cm being asked to play on the wing shouldn't stop his ability to pass a ball 6 yards to a teammate. 

I'm not a fan of pearson, but the idea that he is what is solely wrong and he ruined this club is an absolute nonsense. 

Once again the players are off the hook, and ready to dismiss the next manager that dares to rock their little boat. 

I'm not disputing that words probably needed to be said and a few home truths communicated all I'm saying is that there are lines in all walks of life whether it be Next head office or the players dressing room. If NP overstepped that line (and I'm not saying he did) then, as a human being, a player is right to raise it. If he didn't overstep the line then yes, they are whining babies. The point is, we just don't know so we shouldn't  assume either party is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Yes you can. Observe the following;

The players are ****.

Tom Ince is ****.

Richard Keogh is ****.

If people want to lie to you about posting opinions on players because they can't post their stupid conspiracy theories that's up to them. Personally I'd let them post as many lies as they want. I always like to know if the person I'm conversing with is on the autistic spectrum and a propensity for posting obvious bullshit and screaming like a child when criticized is a good indicator.

Could of at least tagged me in it. Next you'rl be telling me 9/11 wasn't an inside job. And no spectrum is capable of working me out so good luck trying ;)

Archived