Derby County v Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mate Vydra was the only one putting pressure on the Leeds back line. Vydra was absolutely nackered at the end because he was doing the work of 3 men as Russell was babysitting Christie and Ince was a lazy *******

Honestly think both you and @Bris Vegas have a point. Vydra worked his socks off today but he does need to come short and show for the ball a hell of a lot more. I think he has the ability to do it, just needs to be coached into him

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Thought Max Lowe was excellent. He's far more assured than Christie with the ball at his feet.

Lowe and Johnson for me were excellent.

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Thought we were fortunate to win in the end, wouldn't have begrudged Leeds a draw after they dominated the final 20 minutes. 

I'm not sure I'd go that far but I see your point. I think the problem was the players aren't used to playing that high tempo pressing game for the full 90 at the minute and couldn't keep it up.

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Thought Max Lowe was excellent. He's far more assured than Christie with the ball at his feet.

Are you back in the country Bris?

My ratings:

Carson-7- Didn't have a lot to do but he claimed some crosses well and his kicking was better than it usually is

Christie-3-. We need another right back in January, he was absolutely terrible today and has been all season. At the end McClaren instructed Russell to sit right in front Christie because Christie got beat almost every time.

Keogh-7- Solid game, nearly had his usual Keogh moment towards the end but followed it up with a delightful 50 yard pass

Pearce-8- Was brilliant today, won nearly everything in the air and his passing was fabulous. The fans loved the cruyff turn that he did in the first half

Lowe-7- Very impressed with this young lad, was very good in the first half, a little less work to do in the second half but I think he is the real deal. Reminds me of a younger Danny Rose

Johnson-7- Played the cdm role very well. I think it suits him because he doesn't have to do the glamour stuff. Nearly messed up at the end as the ball got stool under his feet from a Leeds corner but had the composure to clear it away

Butterfield-9- Was my motm, he was everywhere and his passing was nice and crisp. Another one whose defensive work is under appreciated 

Hughes-6- Not his best game today but he carried an injury so I will let him off

Ince-4- He had a shocker. He contributed nothing defensively and his passing was terrible. Don't think he will be in the team midweek

Anya-6- He got the ball,looked lively and contributed well defensively supporting Lowe well. Shame he got injured

Vydra-6-Was feeding off scraps today but his work ethic was very good and gave 100%

Subs:

Russell-8- Another one who played very well, if only he plays like this every game!

Bryson and Baird-6- Didn't really see a lot of either of them tbh but both were brought on for their defensive work and did what the manager asked of them

After recent slip ups against Reading, Bristol City, Blackburn and Ipswich, we'll take a win in whichever way it comes.

Another awkward home game in midweek versus Brentford, but one that if we can win, we'll start looking upwardly mobile all of a sudden.

No-one said the transformation would happen overnight but a win is a step in the right direction and I think we have to accept the 4-3-3 with Buxton, Thorne and Martin at the heart of it is long gone.

There are new and different parts now and for us to get the best out of Pearce, Johnson, Ince and Vydra to name a few, we are going to have to remember they are not the 13-14 vintage and adjustments will have to happen. Can that happen without it being to the detriment of the team and how we play? Time will tell.

It's simply going to take more than 90 minutes before we see that. We can't expect too much too soon.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Got to disagree with that, on both counts. 6/10 and well done to the lad, but he was AWOL a couple of times and on a couple of occasions went safety first and launched it when Christie (or to be fair a relaxed Lowe in a couple of games) would have got hold of it and played. 

11 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rode our luck today, but we deserve luck after the bad luck we've had recently. Pearson didn't get that luck, football.... Swings and roundabouts...

Lowe very good. Loves a tackle. 

Great defending at the end. Love that, great passion. 

Vydra's looks onside to me, anyone shed any light on that?

Was just offside.

3 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Good result  today. Just wish we could make it a bit easier at the end.  The last 10 minutes was awful to listen to.  Thought leeds  Were going to score at the end. Well done derby 

Bar the Vydra goal being not offside there wasn't much we could do to make it easier for ourselves. The player's were knackered and couldn't keep our high tempo pressing game going for the full 90. A couple of games and a couple weeks of training and that will be rectified :D.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My ratings:

Carson-7- Didn't have a lot to do but he claimed some crosses well and his kicking was better than it usually is

Christie-3-. We need another right back in January, he was absolutely terrible today and has been all season. At the end McClaren instructed Russell to sit right in front Christie because Christie got beat almost every time.

Keogh-7- Solid game, nearly had his usual Keogh moment towards the end but followed it up with a delightful 50 yard pass

Pearce-8- Was brilliant today, won nearly everything in the air and his passing was fabulous. The fans loved the cruyff turn that he did in the first half

Lowe-7- Very impressed with this young lad, was very good in the first half, a little less work to do in the second half but I think he is the real deal. Reminds me of a younger Danny Rose

Johnson-7- Played the cdm role very well. I think it suits him because he doesn't have to do the glamour stuff. Nearly messed up at the end as the ball got stool under his feet from a Leeds corner but had the composure to clear it away

Butterfield-9- Was my motm, he was everywhere and his passing was nice and crisp. Another one whose defensive work is under appreciated 

Hughes-6- Not his best game today but he carried an injury so I will let him off

Ince-4- He had a shocker. He contributed nothing defensively and his passing was terrible. Don't think he will be in the team midweek

Anya-6- He got the ball,looked lively and contributed well defensively supporting Lowe well. Shame he got injured

Vydra-6-Was feeding off scraps today but his work ethic was very good and gave 100%

Subs:

Russell-8- Another one who played very well, if only he plays like this every game!

Bryson and Baird-6- Didn't really see a lot of either of them tbh but both were brought on for their defensive work and did what the manager asked of them

Really??

thought he played well and did a lot more defensively than he usually does

Archived