Next Manager

BuckoBeast

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Powell in pole position apparently. Don't get me wrong, I really like to bloke, but if we had hired him instead of Pearson people would be scratching their heads. Don't understand this club these days ?

Here's the thing, it's probably going to take a a few weeks for it all to be sorted with Pearson and to research/interview potential candidates. In that time Powell will be in charge. If he gets us playing well in those games and the team seems to be buying into what Powell is trying to do, surely you give him the job as we can be more confident in that Powell will work then any candidate coming. It's also very likely we can't attract the calibre of manager we want until the end of the season and although some fans would kick up a fuss, we just need someone to get us till the end of the season.

40 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Powell in pole position apparently. Don't get me wrong, I really like to bloke, but if we had hired him instead of Pearson people would be scratching their heads. Don't understand this club these days ?

I think people would have got behind him, was regarded as being treated harshly at huddersfield. The people demanding proven success would have moaned, but wouldn't make it the wrong thing to do. 

I wanted Warburton,but hes struggling at ramgers this season. Although the negativity will stand him in good stead for the derby job. 

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Here's the thing, it's probably going to take a a few weeks for it all to be sorted with Pearson and to research/interview potential candidates. In that time Powell will be in charge. If he gets us playing well in those games and the team seems to be buying into what Powell is trying to do, surely you give him the job as we can be more confident in that Powell will work then any candidate coming. It's also very likely we can't attract the calibre of manager we want until the end of the season and although some fans would kick up a fuss, we just need someone to get us till the end of the season.

Agreed, safe-ish pair of hands is Powell.

He may not be the preferred long term candidate unless he get's us into the play-offs, but give it him till the end of the season, if's it's looking bad start interviewing in late Nov to get a replacement in, otherwise take our time who are we really going to get in at the beginning of October that's any good?

I understand that it looks like potentially writing the season off at the end of Sept, but we are not in a good position and it might just have to be the way it goes this season. 

50 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I agree but has he shown he's capable since he's been here and Mel has seen that the players respond to him?. I dunno but I think he deserves a crack, it's still early and he will have a window to get some more in and move on a few too.

I just can't think of anyone else at the moment other than Bruce and I wouldn't be too unhappy with him either, decent manager imo 

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Agreed, safe-ish pair of hands is Powell.

He may not be the preferred long term candidate unless he get's us into the play-offs, but give it him till the end of the season, if's it's looking bad start interviewing in late Nov to get a replacement in, otherwise take our time who are we really going to get in at the beginning of October that's any good?

I understand that it looks like potentially writing the season off at the end of Sept, but we are not in a good position and it might just have to be the way it goes this season. 

I think this season is a borderline write-off already. It's going to be difficult for any manager to guide us into the top 6 given; our awful start, potentially fragile confidence and that we have quite a number of difficult games yet to play. If Powell guides us into the playoffs, the job is his without a shadow of doubt for me. Also if we did finish in the playoffs, chances are we'd be coming of the back off a rich vein of form that'd probably take us up given the talent we have in the squad.

What I'd want from any manager for this season (Powell or otherwise) going forward would be to guide us to a top 10 finish and provide a platform to build on for next year.

On 9/28/2016 at 11:34, RamsPolls said:

Wassall above Bruce?? Also what about Wagner if you're talking about managers who still have a club.

Just not much of a Bruce fan, his style is old school, which works for some but don't see it being a fit for DCFC. After the away leg in the play-off's I felt Wassall had created a good atmosphere within the dressing room which Pearson seems to have destroyed. Yes DW did make some mistakes whilst in charge (Rotherham especially) but did ok. 

As for Wagner - I don't know much about him. He's had a great start to the season with Huddersfield but it's only 10 games, suddenly he's one of the top managers in the league. I would rather judge him after Xmas. 

I don't think our season is a write off. A few wins and we're back in the room. Anything can happen. The one thing that sticks in my mind is Barnsley last season. In the relegation zone at the end of November and ended up going up via the play offs.

I'm optimistic we can aim for play offs although I agree it would be a tall order.

5 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I don't think our season is a write off. A few wins and we're back in the room. Anything can happen. The one thing that sticks in my mind is Barnsley last season. In the relegation zone at the end of November and ended up going up via the play offs.

I'm optimistic we can aim for play offs although I agree it would be a tall order.

I'm optimistic as well because we have a very talented squad and if things click, with a bit of luck we might just be able to do it. However I'm realistic about what it'd take to get there and I don't feel it should be expected of whoever takes over whereas I felt it was a reasonable expectation of Pearson when he took charge.

Had a think about it. Just give it to Gary Rowett. Let's see what he can do with a team of decent players, because he's getting unbelievable results out of a group of **** players at Birmingham. But for god sake Mel, give him bloody time. TIME, DAMN YOU!

I've thought long and hard for the right man, there's only one who ticks all the boxes.

• Understands the 'Derby Way', and would run through walls for the club.

• Young enough to grow with the club.

• A leader of men who will inspire and cajole the maximum from the squad.

• So effing fierce Mel won't dare thread on his toes.

As a bonus, can stand in for Shackell whilst he goes through the concussion protocols.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you this man - 

download.jpg

Make it happen, Mel.

8 hours ago, Ramarena said:

understand that it looks like potentially writing the season off at the end of Sept, but we are not in a good position and it might just have to be the way it goes this season. 

@stoners, @Red_Dawn and @eezzeetiger.....we need your help lads. How do we fill the time between now and next may given the season's over.

I'm hoping that the men of experience will have some top tips....;)

I think chris powell will be the man to lead us to glory he seems willing to give young players a chance. He is also passionate about derby. And has derby best instreasts at heart. He is not afaird to give players a chance from lower leagues a go.

I know some of you will shoot me down for this. I said early in the summer and still stand by him.

20 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think chris powell will be the man to lead us to glory he seems willing to give young players a chance. He is also passionate about derby. And has derby best instreasts at heart. He is not afaird to give players a chance from lower leagues a go.

I know some of you will shoot me down for this. I said early in the summer and still stand by him.

Did Charlton & Huddersfield play 442 under his leadership?

Archived