Let's Back Nigel Pearson!

Ninos

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ninos said:

What's the correlation between this "poll" and supporting Derby and its manager on Saturday? One of the more nonsensical anti Derby things I've read here in a while. Enlighten us.

Sorry. How is my post 'anti Derby'?

I am merely pointing out that the call is for everyone to be positive and yet the vote is pessimistic.

We are at home and have three new attacking options  (which everyone has been crying out for) yet 72% think we won't win.

I  am sure Newcastle will see this as one of their toughest fixtures yet.

Hope that puts some perspective on it for you.

I'd take a point and an improved performance if offered. Newcastle are starting to fire and we could catch a hiding in a transitional period.. 1-1 with Vydra scoring would be great, an early goal for our new man and a better performance would be great. 

Its gonna take time and I bet anyone right now they look a much more capable team than us at this moment in time, NP will set us up to be solid which I don't have a problem with. 

If we were 12 months further on from the re-build I'd be much more confident, but saying that knowing us we'll beat them 3-0 playing class A stuff hahaha. 

1-1 would be awesome though 

I don't think anyone is not backing Nigel Pearson. I think people are questioning some of his decisions, and that is normal, healthy and positive. We are fans and we care about the club. I am certainly not going to agree with everything he does and treat him like some messiah.

Yes I disagree with booing but I think it is easy to disregard some of the points being made as just being negative.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we have made a mistake getting rid of martin and buxton

Players who should have gone were blackmen and bird i just think these two are never going to fit in.

It's not that simplistic just to say we should have got rid of Blackman and Baird, other teams have to want to sign a player before you can ship them out or are you suggesting we pay off their respective wages and make them free agents just to get rid, what school of finance did you go to

11 minutes ago, Inglorius said:
25 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we have made a mistake getting rid of martin and buxton

Players who should have gone were blackmen and bird i just think these two are never going to fit in.

It's not that simplistic just to say we should have got rid of Blackman and Baird, other teams have to want to sign a player before you can ship them out or are you suggesting we pay off their respective wages and make them free agents just to get rid, what school of finance did you go to

If you have a 2 player game and choose Derby and Man Utd - you can get Man Utd to buy all the deadwood from Derby for silly money. Then when you've spent all Man Utd's money - resign and carry on with your rich and cleansed derby team. IT'S THAT SIMPLE GEEZ!

I'm sorry, does no one else see the irony in Ninos telling us all that we need to all be backing 'classy' Nigel Pearson after relentlessly criticizing the attractive, fairly successful football over the last 3 years?

I'll still certainly support the team, but Pearson still has work to do to win me over - he shouldn't be immune to criticism based on his experience prior to coming here or because he's a shouty scary man who shipped off the big bad Chris Martin who was (based on speculation) a prima donna bringing down the dressing room. 

Think you are wrong on Martin b4. ,really he had to go,, the club /team and most of all the fans are desperately in need of some new heroes ,let's be honest here the excitement has been on the Wain for a while, most of us however much we got behind the team and filled ourselves with belief had that nagging feeling that the team as it was would choke at vital times , Pearson is bringing in our next era of heroes and he's clever enough to know that they need to be given time to breath and bed in , a 30,000 home crowd or 3000 away crowd calling for Martin if we ain't 5/0 up first half just slows down the moving forward process for all especially if Martin is a player who doesn't figure in his long term plans then get him moved quick smart I say , I willing to bet that letting bucks go was act of respect to a very honest pro so he could get the games he wouldn't be garuanteed with us this season , Blackman the jury is still out but the spectre of Martin being gone I'm sure will help him ,,,Baird is an old wise head that I'm sure Pearson will know how and when to use as cover over a very long hard season ,, b4 when the wife is getting tired and not performing and you bring in a new racier model , don't keep the old wife in the spare room it will only lead to trouble and chances are the new racier one is not going to perform with the old wife mooching about the place bringing everybody down and tugging on your family friends loyalties,,,, hope this helps further along the line b4 ,,,,, politically correct???? Bring it on ?

5 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm sorry, does no one else see the irony in Ninos telling us all that we need to all be backing 'classy' Nigel Pearson after relentlessly criticizing the attractive, fairly successful football over the last 3 years?

I'll still certainly support the team, but Pearson still has work to do to win me over - he shouldn't be immune to criticism based on his experience prior to coming here or because he's a shouty scary man who shipped off the big bad Chris Martin who was (based on speculation) a prima donna bringing down the dressing room. 

Which in itself is supposedly an act and he is in fact ****-scared of the players when confronted in a one-to-one situation*, if you believe Craig Fagan anyway.

*The Magic Sponge Podcast - Episode 5

Do you know, I would find it much easier to move on and get behind the team on Saturday if the club had just come out with something positive about the contribution that Martin has made over the last few years and wishing him well in his loan move.

They were very polite about Jeff (who it turns out wanted to go) but I haven't seen anything similar about Martin. Regardless of what has happened in the few weeks that Pearson has been in charge he has been one of our key players for the last three years and I am finding the silence deafening.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

:huh:

He's standing, holding a pole and laughing…

Quite clearly Martin hasn't allowed him to do that, only Martin is allowed to stand around and do nothing and have everyone do everything for him. And that Grant and Hendrick have stood guard with whips to make sure that is the way it stays. All whilst Will has stood in the back ground giggling to himself and sticking 2 fingers up behind anyone dares questions Martin's authority's back. It is all so clear from that video.

Archived