Let's Back Nigel Pearson!

Ninos

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I'd take a point and an improved performance if offered. Newcastle are starting to fire and we could catch a hiding in a transitional period.. 1-1 with Vydra scoring would be great, an early goal for our new man and a better performance would be great. 

Its gonna take time and I bet anyone right now they look a much more capable team than us at this moment in time, NP will set us up to be solid which I don't have a problem with. 

If we were 12 months further on from the re-build I'd be much more confident, but saying that knowing us we'll beat them 3-0 playing class A stuff hahaha. 

1-1 would be awesome though 

Lol .. This is a great post .. Exactly how I feel. Always go to a home game expecting and wanting a win (got to have hope and optimism ) but head / brain starts to consider oposition and current form and think OMG we might get trashed. Then Mr reasonable says what could you put up with without feeling sick afterwards ? So you end up thinking "can I cope with a draw against these ?" Answer yes 

Advanced warning ... if we lose I won't be posting on Saturday or Sunday and Monday will be a bit iffy as well.

If we win however ... In the words of the great Clough Senior ... What do you say to the press before  a big game Brian... "say nowt, win it then shout your mouth off" :D

COYR

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

Do you know, I would find it much easier to move on and get behind the team on Saturday if the club had just come out with something positive about the contribution that Martin has made over the last few years and wishing him well in his loan move.

They were very polite about Jeff (who it turns out wanted to go) but I haven't seen anything similar about Martin. Regardless of what has happened in the few weeks that Pearson has been in charge he has been one of our key players for the last three years and I am finding the silence deafening.

And why you think that is? 

1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm sorry, does no one else see the irony in Ninos telling us all that we need to all be backing 'classy' Nigel Pearson after relentlessly criticizing the attractive, fairly successful football over the last 3 years?

I'll still certainly support the team, but Pearson still has work to do to win me over - he shouldn't be immune to criticism based on his experience prior to coming here or because he's a shouty scary man who shipped off the big bad Chris Martin who was (based on speculation) a prima donna bringing down the dressing room. 

Here we go. 

I hate attractive football, that's me. ????Where did you get that from? I've always embraced the total football approach of Rinus Michaels, Coerver, and Cruyff. And been vocal about it on here. That's not attractive? But I really laughed at how you qualified our football as "fairly" successful. Classic that, lol. :thumbsup:That about sums it all up for the Martin aficionados. You settle for a dishonest striker and you settle for mediocrity. Fortunately Nigel Pearson will not and has not - and he did give Martin a chance. He failed to deliver. In comes Vydra, an honest player who grafts and Anaya, an honest player who grafts.

Yet the silence of NPs thoughts on Martin compared to what he saw as "great potential" with Hendrick (who wanted to go to the PL) was utterly deafening. Can you only imagine what he saw? And even though you like "fairly successful" football, Im sure if you saw what he saw I hope you'd have the backbone to ring in the changes and not put up with all the fake hype on one player. Who's in better position to judge the dressing room? You? Or Pearson and the coaching staff? Thought so.

Did you notice any players tweet their farewells to him or wish him luck? Hmmm neither did I. Wonder why. Oh, and thanks for "still supporting the team" by the way. Nice of you. Now if you are for Derby, get behind Pearson and Derby County not behind one ex prima Donna who was more of a Donna than anything prima.

Hard to tweet to a player that's not on Twitter.

In other news, have we discussed the squad numbers for the new boys yet?

Vydra has taken Tom's old number 23 and Anya is straight into the top team with number 8.

Vydra will have to wait until Martin goes permanently to get that number 9 shirt. I wonder if he'll have any challengers?

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Here we go. 

I hate attractive football, that's me. ????Where did you get that from? I've always embraced the total football approach of Rinus Michaels, Coerver, and Cruyff. And been vocal about it on here. That's not attractive? But I really laughed at how you qualified our football as "fairly" successful. Classic that, lol. :thumbsup:That about sums it all up for the Martin aficionados. You settle for a dishonest striker and you settle for mediocrity. Fortunately Nigel Pearson will not and has not - and he did give Martin a chance. He failed to deliver. In comes Vydra, an honest player who grafts and Anaya, an honest player who grafts.

Yet the silence of NPs thoughts on Martin compared to what he saw as "great potential" with Hendrick (who wanted to go to the PL) was utterly deafening. Can you only imagine what he saw? And even though you like "fairly successful" football, Im sure if you saw what he saw I hope you'd have the backbone to ring in the changes and not put up with all the fake hype on one player. Who's in better position to judge the dressing room? You? Or Pearson and the coaching staff? Thought so.

Did you notice any players tweet their farewells to him or wish him luck? Hmmm neither did I. Wonder why. Oh, and thanks for "still supporting the team" by the way. Nice of you. Now if you are for Derby, get behind Pearson and Derby County not behind one ex prima Donna who was more of a Donna than anything prima.

I feel you must have some pretty deep issues if you go from hating Derby County to gushing over 1 win in 5 as soon as a big angry authoritarian figure steps in. I'll credit the manager when the football justifies it, not because he removes a player I choose not to like because they don't run about enough.

9 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I feel you must have some pretty deep issues if you go from hating Derby County to gushing over 1 win in 5 as soon as a big angry authoritarian figure steps in. I'll credit the manager when the football justifies it, not because he removes a player I choose not to like because they don't run about enough.

Don't forget the fact that he's a poor finisher, has poor technique, is pure evil and is only good for defending set-pieces.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Which in itself is supposedly an act and he is in fact ****-scared of the players when confronted in a one-to-one situation*, if you believe Craig Fagan anyway.

*The Magic Sponge Podcast - Episode 5

Just listened, very funny podcast. Thanks for the heads up.

4 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Obviously you're just making up stuff now - that I hated my team and that I gushed over the Preston win - come on. You can make up better stuff than that. 

In spite of the bad start, he will bring us more than the "Fairly Successful" football you endorse.  His defensive structure is excellent, his substitutions have been on point, and his candor has been refreshing. The poor attacking play has been down to the rank finishing, and the lack of intelligent movement up front - we've tried to address it in the window, but this area of NPs tactics is still up for evaluation, as is the way in which he deploys Hughes and the suitability of formation question. 

I am sure when Brian Clough first came to Derby he had to deal with sticklers for mediocrity too.  He kept just a tiny handful of players and brought in legends that you know I'm sure. Can you imagine the ire of fans like you that he was letting go "fairly successful" footballers ?? Like Cloughie, NP will just plough ahead with his vision. It's just how it is. Embrace it. You have to crack some eggs to make an omelette buddy. Bad eggs, you don't crack those, you just throw them out. No player likes playing alongside a player who doesn't try, who moans at them, makes them do all the work to retrieve balls they lose over and over, and then to top it off doesn't deliver when it counts. It's pretty obvious.

You are absolutely spot on Ninos. If we give Pearson the time he will succeed. If we did get rid of him who would everyone get to replace him? No-one would want to come here because we would be seen as a sacking club. Leicester fans have a thread on their forum laughing at the people doubting Pearson and think we don't deserve him. They know better than anyone that if you give Pearson time to clear out the dead wood, he will build the team in his vision to enable us to get promoted. There is a reason why Pearson is a manager and why no-one on this forum are managers. He sees the group day in day out and has a very good supporting cast with the likes of Chrissy Powell behind him. As for Martin, he is quite clearly past his best and a fresh start may be best for us as we had become rather predictable to play against. I don't buy this nonsense that Martin struggled because we didn't play it to his feet. We didn't always play it to his feet in Mac's first season but he made clever 5 yard runs to get into space to retrieve the ball which he doesn't even do now. His form has been dreadful recently and frustrated me immensely as a fan,I can't imagine what some of his teammates thought of him at times. Something needed to be changed.

Some might say prior to Clough joining us we escaped relegation by three points and so had no "fairly successful footballers" to get rid of.

Your dislike of Martin is well documented, why do you feel it necessary to continue your crusade against him, he's gone, you've got what you wanted, move on. You are coming across as a bitter, spiteful and frankly tedious person to me and this thread is nothing more than another excuse for you to continue your bile against Martin, Let's Back Nigel Pearson my arse, just give me another excuse to stick the boot into Martin more like.

Sigh.. It has moved into a another  "Cult of Pearson" thread. We must never doubt him or criticise him and give him free reign on the whole squad for 20 years.

Fact is that in first 6 games he has failed to motivate and manage a top 6 side into a decent performance and over 6 games even Wassall did a better job of this. He deserves criticsm! 

I want Derby to do well. I want Pearson to do well. But he has to be better at working with the players he has. 

I can't get rid of my team at work if they are not performing. I have to find the best way to motivate them and work to there strengths. 

30 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You are absolutely spot on Ninos. If we give Pearson the time he will succeed. If we did get rid of him who would everyone get to replace him? No-one would want to come here because we would be seen as a sacking club. Leicester fans have a thread on their forum laughing at the people doubting Pearson and think we don't deserve him. They know better than anyone that if you give Pearson time to clear out the dead wood, he will build the team in his vision to enable us to get promoted. There is a reason why Pearson is a manager and why no-one on this forum are managers. He sees the group day in day out and has a very good supporting cast with the likes of Chrissy Powell behind him. As for Martin, he is quite clearly past his best and a fresh start may be best for us as we had become rather predictable to play against. I don't buy this nonsense that Martin struggled because we didn't play it to his feet. We didn't always play it to his feet in Mac's first season but he made clever 5 yard runs to get into space to retrieve the ball which he doesn't even do now. His form has been dreadful recently and frustrated me immensely as a fan,I can't imagine what some of his teammates thought of him at times. Something needed to be changed.

You appear to be getting fact mixed up with opinion. 

There is no guarantee that Pearson will do well. I could not care less if Leicester fans have a thread laughing at us, what makes them such great judges of managers?

We had threads on here saying NC would not get Burton promoted...guess what...

If the excuse for not being able to get the best out of Martin is because he is 'past it' at 28 I really have to question NPs managerial ability.

Archived