Next out the door?

PodgeyRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not worth discussing until December at the earliest.

Perhaps it's time to drop the negative scare-mongering.

I appreciate it's hard to be positive, but it's easy to stop being so openly negative.

Actually I think it might a useful exercise. Everybody gets their predictions in now and then we can seee which players prove people wrong over the next couple of months and end up staying instead.

Not being negative, players move on all the time and there's nothing wrong with discussing who people think might be the next to go.

14 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Keep only:

Plus, I reckon we need a whole new defence. The present crew are clearly not up to it when put under any sort of sustained pressure. No? So let's see what happens when we play the Geordies.

There are problems with our defence, but we haven't conceded as few goals as we did last season since the 89/90 season. Yes Christie can't defend and I would like to see him replaced, but Keogh and Shackell are fairly solid together - I don't think we really need to spend a lot of money on replacing them and imo there are other areas that are in much greater need of trimming/improving first. I think we will do ok at Newcastle - certainly won't concede as many as we will against Liverpool in the cup.

10 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Actually I think it might a useful exercise. Everybody gets their predictions in now and then we can seee which players prove people wrong over the next couple of months and end up staying instead.

Not being negative, players move on all the time and there's nothing wrong with discussing who people think might be the next to go.

I disagree. TWO highly involved and senior squad members have left the club, that will have an effect. TWO new players have arrived and are expected to be involved and influential, they should have an effect. So, at least 2 new factors, AND the fact that everyone knows they're here til at least January 2017 should change the mentality a bit.

I would suggest that until we know that those underperformers thus far haven't improved after these developments, we cannot decide who goes.

Right now, there is not a player (aside of new signings) I would be fussed about losing, but that's not to say Ince or Russell or Blackman or Butterfield or anyone for that matter, won't have a storming reaction to Hendrick, Martin, Vydra and Anya leaving/arriving.

Just now, CastletonRam said:

Weale, Baird, Bent, Blackman, Johnson should be next on the hit list. 

Been here 2 days, is back up to Mitchell who is a back up himself and is going to be more of a coach than a player yet you want him gone? Why am I not surprised.

Again it all boils down to who other teams actually want, they wanted hendrick and Martin because they have done well.

possible outs Christie if he does not sign a contract extension by January 

gut feeling butterfield and depending on how much he plays Ince 

and by this time next year sadly Hughes again gut feeling.

Agree with mostyn. Thread is Uber negative. We've played five games!! Obviously after seeing Hendrick and Martin, NP reacted to Mel and Sam with : you can sell Hendrick because he wants to go it's good money and he won't make a big difference to me as we have Bryson and Hughes. He wanted Martin out full stop because he most likely doesn't rate him having regularly watched him train and play. We lose pretty much nothing with those two gone and we inject major pace.

As to next departures ... i think he can motivate ince and Johnson although ince is going to have to really up his intensity. 

I don't feel like he's targeting anyone for an exit but so far he clearly has been most unimpressed with Russell Baird butterfield possibly bent and ince too. So they'd be closest to the door and he was livid after the Burton game with a lot of the team. But it all could change. 

Carson Hughes Bryson keogh shacks Thorne going nowhere - he loves them and rightly so.

yes this a bit like the opposite of a "who is your favourite player thread" interesting maybe .. But not very helpful because:  

There are players who won't fit the mould, players who are perceived not to be getting stuck in and lastly the players who just aren't good enough. Then dial in which ones of those are saleable and it becomes a problem with only a partial solution. 

I'd be reluctant to get rid of Ince as he's the only person who provides any threat from set pieces now that Martin has got.

You may think the odd free kick may not be much but it can often turn potential loses into draws, and draws into wins even if you're not playing that well.

With faster players in the team I'd expect to be getting loads more set pieces now too. Just need to work on them in training! As our success percentage most be woeful!

Certainly going to be interesting ,, a massive statement has been made to our squad,, do any of us believe clement would have been given the authority to get Martin out when he took over ? All players now know it's pearsons way or the highway , I think he may have their attention now

Archived