Next out the door?

PodgeyRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I'd be reluctant to get rid of Ince as he's the only person who provides any threat from set pieces now that Martin has got.

You may think the odd free kick may not be much but it can often turn potential loses into draws, and draws into wins even if you're not playing that well.

With faster players in the team I'd expect to be getting loads more set pieces now too. Just need to work on them in training! As our success percentage most be woeful!

True but there's only so long you can pretend to be Cristiano before you actually have to deliver day in day out. We've all seen him play well - Bristol city at home - but he just can't get consistency and when that happens it's really luck more than real talent. And these are weak defences he's playing against. Burton ? Really? He will get stuffed v premier league defenders. Step it UP Tom!

2 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I'd be reluctant to get rid of Ince as he's the only person who provides any threat from set pieces now that Martin has got.

I assume you mean 'gone', but no. Both Russell and Butterfield are pretty adept on a dead ball, I think Hughes might want the chance to step up too.

56 minutes ago, Ninos said:

True but there's only so long you can pretend to be Cristiano before you actually have to deliver day in day out. We've all seen him play well - Bristol city at home - but he just can't get consistency and when that happens it's really luck more than real talent. And these are weak defences he's playing against. Burton ? Really? He will get stuffed v premier league defenders. Step it UP Tom!

Good point but I would say most of the team have lacked consistency for the last 12 months at least.

44 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I assume you mean 'gone', but no. Both Russell and Butterfield are pretty adept on a dead ball, I think Hughes might want the chance to step up too.

Russell's corners rarely beat the first man and his free kicks always go pretty hight and wide. It is something the team need to build on though. With Inigo being here you think we'd get better at some point.

Now we've got rid of Martin it's time to find a few more scapegoats. It's a good job Blackman didn’t go as well as we'd have no-one to complain about. Or maybe we would. 

I think by Christmas at least one of the new signings will have been mentioned in here.

1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

Who cares who goes now? We have lost our biggest goal threat.... erm.... on loan.... yes loan.... to a divisional rival.... perhaps sell the kit man next? Or the ground staff?

It's catching this Martinitus.

I think you get it from  barn doors. 

Martin has been poor for some time. In major games, against strong opposition, he gets found out. Whether that is down to tactics or performance is a matter of opinion.

Big games guarantee Martin disappears and Keogh gives away a howler. At least we have fixed at least half that issue. 

41 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Get rid of the players that can put the ball in the net, replace them with players who can run really fast.

You mean Ince who has scored more than Martin since approximately the start of 2015..... From out wide.

40 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

You mean Ince who has scored more than Martin since approximately the start of 2015..... From out wide.

Exactly him, replace him with someone who smiles and can beat his man.

It doesn't matter if his last goal came two years ago or 1.5% of his crosses make their target - he's got PASSION!!

Archived