Next out the door?

PodgeyRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far weve got buxton, albentosa, shotton, grant, hendrick and martin off the books

Thats a start,get rid of 3 more and make about 10m from them and we're in good shape. 

Id replace them with 1 or 2 loans with views to perm deals tbh, maybe even give the youth a chance

Baird, johnson, butters and possibly blackman if he doesnt improve, would sadly then need to take a loss on him though

Bent is in the last year, and maybe even christie as well.

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Martin has been poor for some time. In major games, against strong opposition, he gets found out. Whether that is down to tactics or performance is a matter of opinion.

Big games guarantee Martin disappears and Keogh gives away a howler. At least we have fixed at least half that issue. 

Now Troy .. We've spoken about this before ... It's deep breaths, count to 10 say om. Let the cares of the world slip over your head. Count your blessings and remember you are a child of the universe (so is Richard) and as much as the trees and the stars you both have a right to be here and the universe is doubtlessly unfolding as it should. Pax Vobiscum. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Now Troy .. We've spoken about this before ... It's deep breaths, count to 10 say om. Let the cares of the world slip over your head. Count your blessings and remember you are a child of the universe (so is Richard) and as much as the trees and the stars you both have a right to be here and the universe is doubtlessly unfolding as it should. Pax Vobiscum. 

But... but... he makes me so angry. 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Martin has been poor for some time. In major games, against strong opposition, he gets found out. Whether that is down to tactics or performance is a matter of opinion.

Big games guarantee Martin disappears and Keogh gives away a howler. At least we have fixed at least half that issue. 

Define a 'big game'. 

In top six clashes his ratio is very good indeed. 

12 hours ago, David said:

It's easy to say Blackman, Bent, Baird etc. if they are not involved but you can't sell players if theres no interest. If a very good offer came in for a player like Keogh for example he could easily go despite just signing a new contract and made captain.

Money talks. Now Martin has gone no player would surprise me if they went. 

No, but one of the disappointing things about a desperately poor transfer window for the Rams is that we didn't even get rid of these guys on loan. The transfer window is now shut even for loans as well, and the only thing we did was loan out martin rather than the dead wood. So we are stuck with these misfits who are bench warmers at best. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

No, but one of the disappointing things about a desperately poor transfer window for the Rams is that we didn't even get rid of these guys on loan. The transfer window is now shut even for loans as well, and the only thing we did was loan out martin rather than the dead wood. So we are stuck with these misfits who are bench warmers at best. 

Perhaps Pearson wants them as options.

I don't really see what he's trying to do at the minute but we need to give him enough time to mould his squad.

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

Playoff final 2014.

Playoff semi finals 2016.

Sheff Wed, Burnley, Boro, Forest, Leeds, Man United last year... off the top of my head. 

Harsh… he created goals against Hull, Burnley, Boro, Leeds and United. Scored against Leeds too. 

20 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Keep only:
Mitchell
Hughes
Butterfield
Bryson
Thorne
Hanson
Weimann
Camara
And of course:
Vydra
Anaya
Wilson
First get rid of:
Ince
Johnson
Bent
Russell
Blackman
Plus, I reckon we need a whole new defence. The present crew are clearly not up to it when put under any sort of sustained pressure. No? So let's see what happens when we play the Geordies.

The defence isn't an issue at the moment...

20 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would go all out in Jan, sell Johnson, Russell, Blackman, release Baird.

I would like to sign Ulloa, Lansbury, Dale Stephens and Dunk.

The signings would cost a ridiculous amount of money, but would be worth it.

Should only cost £40m to get those in... And we'd still be left with too many central midfielders.

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Exactly him, replace him with someone who smiles and can beat his man.

It doesn't matter if his last goal came two years ago or 1.5% of his crosses make their target - he's got PASSION!!

I think you're being a bit dramatic with what has happened. Martin has been replaced by someone with pace and who has a good record at this level. Hendrick has been replaced with a winger. We were heavy in Hendricks position, we were light in Anyas position. 

If we'd replaced MArtin with a theo Robinson sort I could understand the sarcasm but he's been replaced by a good player. Even after Wassall took over Martin was still a bit frustrating to watch last season for me. 

On 2 September 2016 at 13:47, Robbie Ram said:

Keep only:
Mitchell
Hughes
Butterfield
Bryson
Thorne
Hanson
Weimann
Camara
And of course:
Vydra
Anaya
Wilson
First get rid of:
Ince
Johnson
Bent
Russell
Blackman
Plus, I reckon we need a whole new defence. The present crew are clearly not up to it when put under any sort of sustained pressure. No? So let's see what happens when we play the Geordies.

OMG you are a WUM and I claim my £5

Archived