Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought up until the goal we looked threatening, since that Newcastle have sat back and soaked up the pressure and we've looked short of ideas. Of the first 20 minutes I think Vydra and Anya looked good, Hughes has also been much improved and I think Bryson has been decent as well, getting stuck in and working hard. 

Shackell and Keogh been very solid.

Booing at half time utterly unjustified, unless they were booing the referee who turned down a very good penalty shout. 

This has been a more enjoyable watch, in my opinion. 

I know we're not doing a lot to write home about but to be honest I'm not sure there's a match-up out there in which we have the better player even when they're in form.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It hasn't even been that bad. I certainly wouldn't say Newcastle were the better team. One long corner that was hit superbly well. He's only going to pull that off 1 or 2 times out of 10 at best. Unlucky to be going in a goal down. A goal chalked off that was offside by about an inch, a couple of penalties which would have been soft but have certainly been given before, things could be very different.

I would say Newcastle are the better team so far. Comfortable management of the game, no chances conceded away from home.

Second half needs a good start. 

We look a bit snappier which is good and I have been impressed with Christie.

Shackell and Olssen ponderous on the ball which doesn't help the players in front of them.

No need to panic but would like to see us gamble on the early ball.

And I agree with the earlier poster. Exactly who do we think is going to win the long ball?

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For everyone commenting on half-time booing, I'd presume that's directed at the ref for not giving pens.

No it wasn't, there was additional booing as the officials went off

Just now, Anag Ram said:

I would say Newcastle are the better team so far. Comfortable management of the game, no chances conceded away from home.

Second half needs a good start. 

We look a bit snappier which is good and I have been impressed with Christie.

Shackell and Olssen ponderous on the ball which doesn't help the players in front of them.

No need to panic but would like to see us gamble on the early ball.

And I agree with the earlier poster. Exactly who do we think is going to win the long ball?

Better control of the game since the goal perhaps. We were looking quite good up until that. We usually have a burst after half-time so hopefully we can come straight out and make any chances count.

They've hardly run us ragged. In two and a half games against 3 promotion contenders at home, none have looked particularly dominant or brilliant. Then again, neither have we.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It hasn't even been that bad. I certainly wouldn't say Newcastle were the better team. One long corner that was hit superbly well. He's never going to strike it again like that in his a career ,. Unlucky to be going in a goal down. A goal chalked off that was offside by about an inch, a couple of penalties which would have been soft but have certainly been given before, things could be very different.

FTFy

A one off , fluke shot, other that have Newcastle created anything ?

Archived